- advertisement -

CGM only users. How does your child carry it?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Adinsmom, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Adin usually just keeps his Dexcom in his pocket but I find that we are looking (searching frantically;)) for it more times than I care for. I just ordered a spiblet for him. I started wondering if anybody preferred a clear pouch instead? Does your CWD prefer one over the other?

He is being really responisible with it, but did you tag it with anything special in case it got lost?

Thanks.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Kaylee's is attached to her pump so there is no chance (ok, maybe a slim chance, like leaving it a public bathroom after changing:rolleyes:) of her losing it. Sometimes she wears a pod and we use the guardian, if thats the case, *I* hold it because she's kind of a space cadet and I don't trust her with it unless its firmly attached, lol.

To hold her pump she either uses the MM clip, or a pump pouch by pumptastic.

3. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

I son hooks his to his belt or puts it in his pocket..

4. lisac

lisac Approved members

We had trouble with this same thing when Hadlee started her Dexcom. We ended up ordering a pump pack with an extra pouch (with a clear screen!) from cdpimpinella (her username of the forums.)

So far that's working out great!

5. selketine

selketine Approved members

Our Dex just arrived this week and came with a black belt case that has a clear plastic window. He has been using that on his pump belt (which is a double spibelt).

The thing I don't like about a spibelt is that it is a real pain to get to the pump or get the cgms out. It does fit close to the skin which is nice to eliminate the jiggling - and I can especially imagine how someone with a certain body type or outfit would not want to look extra thick around the middle with pouches everywhere. If we put the Dex in there he'd always have to get it out to look at it which is not as easy as going in the pocket or looking at a clear case.

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

In his pocket except when in PE - he leaves it in the locker.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

8. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Zoe used to clip hers to her pocket or belt. Now that she's older she carries it in her purse like her big sis. When they are home, it's generally sitting on the end table, coffee table, or whatever surface is closest!

9. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

We use a spibelt and find it works great for us!

10. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

My daughter carries her dexcom receiver in a croc cell phone case, clipped to a spibelt that holds her pump. http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/crocs-o-dial-phone-case#!/photos/15312/2

The dexcom fits perfectly inside it and I cut out a hole in the front of the croc case so I can see the screen without having to take it out of the case. It also protects the dexcom receiver when she drops it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  11. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

If my young child was carrying a CGM receiver, my first priority would be the ability to see the screen with the least disruption to the child. So I'd look for something with a clear front.