- advertisement -

CGM in the Cloud…Mac users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

So I am taking the plunge and am setting up a system. I got the Droid etc. It says to use Azure (Microsoft). Does anyone know if Apple has a similar program that can be used with Cgm/cloud?

2. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

I am not sure if Apple provides web hosting. Azure web hosting is not hard to set up. (FYI Azure gives you a 30 day free trial. You will want to make sure you change your plan to a "Pay-as-you-Go" plan. You will have to provide a credit card. I have never had to pay on the Azure site, it is only if your site goes beyond the allotted data limit.)

On the Night Scout set up page you will find step by step guide. I set this up myself before they made the app available to download on the site. You will still need to set up the GitHub (this will collect your data from Dexcom (via a cheap android uploader phone). The Azure site will pull info from the GitHub and display on your webpage. It should take about an hour or so to setup. It took me a bit longer because I had to use Android Studio to set up the app on the uploader phone.

Take a look on YouTube - I searched for "Night Scout Dexcom setup" and found 4 or so videos (created by NS) that walked me through the entire process. I am visual learner, so these videos were a life saver.

YOU WILL LOVE NIGHTSCOUT! GOOD LUCK! :cwds:

3. wm8

wm8 Approved members

Using Azure as a Cloud Service does not dictate which device you can use as a client. So Mac should still be okay.