- advertisement -

CGM calibration question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cm4kelly, Jul 21, 2012.

1. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

For those of you with kids in school - I am trying to figure out the minimed CGM calibration.

If you insert at A 9 PM on a Sunday, calibrate at 11:00PM on Sunday - then it needs another calibration in 12 hours - correct?

What happens if you child is in school and it wants a calibration? Do you just say yes?

Or do you try to use a different schedule system than this to get the calibration at night when you are home?

Trying to figure this all out!

2. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

You can calibrate as often as you like as long as the BGs are stable and not dropping or rising fast - it just has to be at least every 12 hours. Therefore, in your situation, I would test before breakfast when BGs are generally the most stable after fasting and calibrate then. Then you will be good until you get home in the evening.

3. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Our calibration schedule is: in the morning before breakfast, sometime in the afternoon (3-4pm), & around 10-11pm. The afternoon one sometimes gets pushed back to before dinner, if the timing is bad.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

This is pretty much exactly our cal schedule as well.

5. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

Yep, we do pre-breakfast, pre-supper and pre-bedtime. We change sensors twice a week immediately after supper with first calibration pre-bedtime. Second calibration (within 6 hours) is usually right around the time we go to bed. This works for us.

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

Just for information reasons. Have you tried going 6 days on a sensor. I ask cause I actually tend to get my best results after 24 to 36 hours so if I changed every three days I would be lucky to get one full 24 hours of what I consider good numbers, plus I love not having to do the "whole insertion" stuff only once a week.:cwds::pali