- advertisement -

CGM and injectese

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by doratheexplora, Jun 9, 2009.

1. doratheexplora

doratheexplora Approved members

Any info. on continuous glucose monitors? And...
    Anyone here tried inject-ese? I can't even find it online now for some reason, but read somewhere it made injections much less painful.

2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

3. doratheexplora

doratheexplora Approved members

Anyone try injectese..is it any good...less painful for small children?

4. Wendyb

Wendyb Approved members

The inject-ease rocks for small kids. We got several from our endo office. When you get yours, try it on yourelf. It makes the needle go in super fast and best of all, cannot be seen by the child--alot like a lancet device. The only tricky part is that YOU or your child has to still push the plunger. My son pressed the button to inject and I was the plunger pusher when i heard the click. It made injections much easier for teachers and for babysitters as well. Highly recommend.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

6. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

We tried it with Ethan as he always complained/struggled with shots. He didn't care for it. Not that he disliked it, I think he just didn't like the change. But I had already learned from reading on here to insert the needle quickly when doing shots so there probably wasn't any change in feeling for him. For someone new or not completely comfortable giving shots I would highly recommend it.