- advertisement -

Celiac Question

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by sarahconnormom, Jun 13, 2010.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

This actually has nothing to do with Connor (my T1 kid). I am concerned about my daughter, Sarah, and trying not to read too much into symptoms we've seen the past week or so. I am really trying not to overreact.

Sarah has always been my drama queen so it is hard to know how seriously to take her sometimes but I am getting concerned this week.

For the past week or so she has had diarrhea that comes and goes. I thought it was a virus the first couple days but it won't go away. It seems to happen most often after she has eaten something high carb (bread, donut, pasta). She'll eat and 30-60 min. later she is in the bathroom and complains for a couple hours after that her stomach hurts. For most of the past week she has just felt blah.

Looking back she has complained of 'just not feeling right' quite a few times over the past few months and complains about her stomach 'bothering' her fairly often. She has also complained of having loose stools from time to time recently. Being a teenager who just started her cycle a year ago I didn't really think too much of all this until the diarrhea started last week.

Do you think I should be concerned about possible Celiac? Do these sound like Celiac symptoms?

2. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

I think that those could be celiac symptoms...but they could be other things as well. Wouldn't hurt to make an appt to check it out.

Kim

3. Grace's Mom

Grace's Mom Approved members

I would take her in for an appointment. We know that autoimmune issues run in families. In case you aren't already aware -- please keep her eating gluten, even though it may be the problem, until after testing. The presence of gluten is imperative for accurate testing. Sorry :( I'll pray it's just a funky bug, not celiac.