- advertisement -

CDE Face-to-Face Time?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kevin@diabetech.net, Jun 12, 2008.

?

How much time do you get to spend face to face with your CDE at each quarterly visit?

1. Sometimes we don't get to see our CDE

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Less than 5 minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5 to 10 minutes

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. 10 to 15 minutes

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 15 to 20 minutes

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. 20 to 25 minutes

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. 25 to 30 minutes

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. More than 30 minutes

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

How much time do you get to spend with your CDE (diabetes educator) at each quarterly visit? This is a different category of time than the question about time with your physician.

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

We spend at least 1 hour with our CDE each quarter.

3. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

We are in constant contact with a CDE. They are available 24 hrs at Childrens. During an emergency they either answer or call back right away. On email they answer in a few hours and when I fax my logs to them on Mondays they call the same day to discuss concerns, dosing changes etc.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

We see our CDE for an hour twice a year and our endo for an hour twice a year. They alternate.

Kirsten

5. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Wonderful CDE! We have only seen her once since there was a mix up at our last visit but she spent about 45 minutes with us. Very compasionate and when I have to call her she almost always answers the phone and always gets back to me within 2 hours max. She has stayed late to call me back after the kids are gone so we can talk :eek:

6. Kaileen

Kaileen Approved members

We have never seen a CDE. Never.

7. dvane

dvane Approved members

We spend anywhere 30-45 minutes each quarter with our CDE. We have not seen an Endo since dx Nov 06.

8. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We see our CDE in the same visit as our endo. In that quarterly visit we see the nurse, the cde, the dietician and the endo. I think we spend about 10 minutes with the cde and it is usally just visiting as we all feel like family. We barely go over numbers. As long as a1c is considered acceptable they don't seem to want to fine tune anything.

9. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

We don't have a CDE.

10. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

The first year we only saw the endo once--the rest of our visits were an hour with the CDE. Now, we have seen the endo only since we passed the one year since diagnosis mark.

11. selketine

selketine Approved members

What CDE? Our HMO doesn't use them for type 1 kids as far as I can tell....maybe type 2's get education from them.