- advertisement -

CBS daytime show The Doctors' giving false info........

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom to a sports nut, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Just a thought - has anyone contacted any of the CBS brass? If The Doctors aren't paying attention, maybe the network will. I'll see what I can find on their web-site.

2. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

I just went to www.cbs.com/daytime and used their user feedback area (at the bottom of the screen) to comment about The Doctor's.
    The Doctor's is not listed in the show list that comes up, so I used the "Other" option. They certainly don't make it easy to leave feedback.
    Let's keep at them.
    Just adding - I'm sure someone more web-savy than I could post a direct link.

3. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

If they are connected with Dr. Phil, I would write to him.

4. kemjris

kemjris Approved members

I did send a message to Dr. Phil. I went to his site and enter it under "Ask Dr. Phil". Don't know if it will do any good, but I'll try. No one seems to care enough to even respond. That's infuriating!:mad:

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

perhaps if people start blogging this on their own blog and make it so that when others search for information on Dr. Phil, The Doctors, Dr. Sears etc that their blog posts come up instead. :)

and I'm almost scared - today's episode is about childhood obesity. No I take that back, I'm really scared.

6. aishlingt

aishlingt Approved members

OMG....I'm soooooo angry :mad::mad::mad: I was away at the weekend so I've just saw this now. I have already sent a short note to them. I still can't believe that was said!!! You can sort of understand when stupid comments like that are made by people who are uneducated on the subject but this coming from a DOCTOR !!!!!! And I thought it was kinda hard to get in to medical school - obviously not!!!!!

Heres what I wrote ...

I didn't know were to write to complain, so this is my only option. I am an Irish women living in Spain, so don't have great access to your show. I am also a parent of a child with Type 1 diabetes and have a parent with the same. I am shocked, appalled, dismayed and angered at a comment I heard one of your doctors has made. Something to the effect that consumming too much sugar results in diabetes!!!!! Since diagnosis we have had to put up with the usual stupid, idiotic comments of uneducated people but when you hear the same from somebody who is supposed to be educated in this field you wonder what hope there is for the rest of the public. My two daughters, 9 and 6, have more understanding than this man and at even at their age know this comment to be untrue. I am delighted he is NOT my daughters doctor and I wish the best of luck for all his patients - they might need it.

Oh and I also tried the blog, but it wouldn't let me write anything????

7. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

Pretty sure Dr. Phil has a message board. Load it up!:)

8. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

I watched the tail end of Dr Phil today. I might have heard wrong but I thought he said tomorrow he was having on Dr. Seears from the new show The Dr's???

9. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Yes. He's the resident expert on tomorrow's show. The site says "Dr. Jim Sears, pediatrician and co-host of the new show, The Doctors, joins the discussion."

Also on the home page of Dr. Phil's website the show The Doctor's is being promoted.

10. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

11. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

12. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

13. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I did respond to this one and tried not to be rude but still said what I felt. I agree. I wonder if they're type 1 or 2.
    http://www.thedoctorstv.com/ladybug/...as-no-big-deal

The other post is mine and I am Daxdog (it was the middle of the night when I signed up and it was convenient to use my DD's log in name).

It's funny trying to figure out who everyone is when you don't use your CWD name.

14. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I'm diabetesawareness. :)

15. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

............type two would be my guess.

16. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

17. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

I posted over there last night. It IS a difficult forum to navigate!

I don't understand why Dr. Sears just doesn't apologize and say he was wrong.

What if he had said, "Don't eat too much gluten, you'll get autism and not be able to function well," or "Don't eat those hot dogs with nitrates, you'll get leukemia and lose all your hair."

All hell would break loose!

He just needs to dust off his pride and admit he was wrong.

18. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I wrote it, curious to see if my post stays.

19. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

my post never made it. :(

20. Lee

Lee Approved members

I just got that! Yeah - cuase if I were diabetes, I would be one gigantic cupcake with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.