- advertisement -

Casey Johnson's Autoposy Results

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Lee, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh how sad :( that would explain how thin and ill she looked in her last public appearance. I cant imagine why she wasnt being helped by her husband or someone .

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Short of taking over her D care totally, if she didn't want to take her insulin (or enough of it) what could anyone do? Sounds like she was diabulimic. Very sad. :( Her family and friends are in my thoughts.

4. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Actually, she didn't have a husband, she had a "wife", or she was engaged to Tila Tequila

5. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

I think you're thinking of Brittany Murphy.

Casey Johnson was engaged to Tila Tequila, but it sounded like they were taking a break due to concerns about her choices. Tough love.

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

Becky, her family actually stopped trying to help becuase she was so resistant, she had multiple interventions and was supposedly engaged to Tilla Tequila (come on - who can type that with a straight face!)

I just think it goes to show, no matter how resistant our kids may become, we cannot just give up on them - even if they are grown-up and refusing help. We still need to try.

The other one, Brittney Murphy, her autopsies was released as well and the cause of death was pneumonia and drugs...
    http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-04-confirmed-brittany-murphy-died-of-multiple-drug-intoxication

7. Becky Stevens mom

Yep youre right I got them mixed up. I wish Tila could have helped her in some way. She seemed to be a very sad, lonely young lady

8. Becky Stevens mom

Oh yeah, even when they are grown we have a responsibility to them IMO

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Thats sad. I know this is prezhilton.. but people are making coments that Tela (how ever she spells it) told her to stop taking her meds, including insulin.. is this right? I sure hope to heck NOT!

RIP Casey.. very very sad.

10. lynn

lynn Approved members

Let's all hope to God our kids aren't as resistant to help as she seemed to be. I don't think it's right to say that she died because her parents gave up on her. How about her giving up on herself?

It sounds like her family tried and tried and tried to hold her hand and help her. It didn't work. Her family tried to help her choose life yet she still chose death.

It is so incredibly sad. I can't imagine.

11. Toni

Toni Banned

Very young and beautiful, very sad. Not taking her insulin shots? How does Perez know? Did someone delude her into thinking there was a "natural" cure a/k/a Halle Berrie (Chinese herbal)... diet, supplements? I did not see diabulemia mentioned. If someone is anorexic it is a psychiatric illness, and I assume diabulemia would fall under that category. Before the laws were changed, a family could step in and commit the person so they could get help but Civil Liberties Union helped change that safeguard. But, to play devil's advocate, suppose a young adult comes home tired, takes a shower, disconnects pump and falls into a very deep sleep. How long do they have before they are in deep trouble? Will their brain be foggy, they may not be able to think clearly, if eight to ten hours off the pump? I think it is more likely she was not taking enough insulin than that she went off insulin altogether. Laws need to be changed again so parents can step in if an adult child is committing slow suicide. With insulin, and an adult child, a parent may have no way of knowing if they are taking appropriate amounts. And, don't know for sure the details. Prayers go out to her family.

12. Lee

Lee Approved members

Toni - there was recently an article on here that said a Teen died after her parent took away her insulin - it took 2 days.

When you look at how quickly our children's blood sugar raises and ketones develop when there is a problem with a set, I can see DKA legitimately happening in 2 or 3 days.

13. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

To me what makes this even more sad is that she was the heir to J&J - Animas.

14. Toni

Toni Banned

The torture the parents must have endured, knowing she was making such risky choices and unable to help.... I say it again... laws must be changed. Parents should be able to commit an adult child for psychiatric care or if they are physically damaging their health to a severe degree. Everything to live for..... all it takes sometimes is to hang out with the wrong person, wrong crowd. Or even just bad choices for a very short period of time. It could happen to us. I do know DKA can set in with death in two days... think I saw that here. Wondering if eight hours of disconnection could cause severe faulty reasoning or lethargy? Such as not being able to think clearly enough to identify the problem, reconnect the pump, possibly being exhausted and going back to sleep again......

15. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

I did some googling and everything I've seen says you can commit an adult with proper steps and doctor evaulations. But if a person is determined not to be helped what more can the family do.

16. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

You can only do as much as the person is willing to let you do.

Her family didn't give up on her, she gave up on her family.

I don't blame them for stopping their attempts to help her. It is incredibly painful to watch someone continue to harm themselves and make terrible choices, day after day. Even when you put so much time and effort into 'saving them'. At some point, you have distance yourself, because that pain is just too great.

She was 30 years old, she knew what she was doing.

My heart goes out to her family. I have a feeling they knew this day would come with her.

17. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Now that is a truly sad, sad story.

18. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

May she RIP. Very very sad.