- advertisement -

Case or bag for supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lcblk27, Nov 6, 2012.

1. lcblk27

lcblk27 Approved members

Im looking for a small bag or case to carry my son's supplies. We do MDI so I carry 2 insulin pens, glucogon, meter, vial with test strips, poker and extra lancettes, pen needles and a few pieces of candy.

We had them in an e-reader case I got and costomized with velcro to keep everything in place but the zipper broke after a few months. :( I did like that it was a hard case and very easy to throw into his backpack or into my purse.

Does anyone have reccomendations for another case or bag that they like? Or a place to start looking?

2. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

3. Kdh012677

Kdh012677 Approved members

We got a small diabetes supplies case from cvs pharmacy. It is a small black zipper case. I has 2 little divided sections. And 2 little pockets on the top. It came with a cool pack to keep the insulin from getting to hot and a little small sharper container that we just took out. And it had a thing one the inside that you could look at to make sure it is not too hot. It wad only like 20.00 and lasted a long time.

4. rakgyk

rakgyk Approved members

We use an insulated lunch bag to store Gavi's supplies when we go out. Everything fits in it perfectly.

5. selketine

selketine Approved members

I've seen hard sided pencil cases that zip around at Target when they put all the supplies for back to school out in August. That sounds similar to what you are using now.

I have this quarter packing cube from Tom Bihn and this thing is indestructible - but pricey. The quality of anything they make is great though:
    http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0915.html

We use a small bag we got at Target in their luggage area that is carried messenger style - it has a shoulder strap - and is small. He doesn't carry this to school though as they have supplies there - but he carries it everywhere else.

6. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

I have our pen needles, pens and alcohal wipes in a small zipper pouch and put that inside a large zipper pouch from 31 gifts with everything else. I keep his meter, lancet and test strips in the case that came with the meter (one touch mini).

7. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

Thirty one gifts now has an insulated zipper pouch that I use to hold all supplies and fits into a back pack wonderfully.

8. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

I was just coming back to edit my post to add about the insulated zipper pouches and that I use the Large Utility Tote to told all of our CGM supplies and extra test strips, lancets, wipes, adhesives ect. I have told numerous people that if anything ever happens to us or our house that all of jarrets medical things are in that tote

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

10. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

11. lcblk27

lcblk27 Approved members

ooh, nice! Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely check those out.

12. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

13. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

How easy are these cases to carry? It says they have a lanyard strap. Is there anyway to carry it over your shoulder? My son is only 3 so I would be the one carrying it.

14. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

I'd like to know about the Diabete-ezy cases, too. The Lily case that my DS currently uses (the ones no one can seem to find to buy on their own, it just came with camp or with being dx'ed), is the same dimensions as the Multi-fit case from the Diabete-ezy website. So I know it's the right size for what my DS carries. But $60 is pretty expensive, is it worth it?

15. lcblk27

lcblk27 Approved members

I just ordered the diabete-ezy case, Im so excited! I will try to answer your questions and take some other pics once it arrives. It does come from Austrailia, so the shipping was closer to $20, but I think it will be worth it and I cant wait to get it.

16. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Good Morning,
    The MultiFit case (the bigger one) has a small lanyard strap NOT big enough to go over a shoulder - thats the case that my daughter keeps at school and they take it wherever she goes. Its our clean , tidy, grab and go case
    The smaller Ezy fit case slips easily into any bag.. This one is dirty, bashed , smashed and taken over the farm when we don't need to take 'everything'
    I like them because they have a tough hard outer cover.. but they look good too.