- advertisement -

Carb Intake

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by NomadIvy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. tbcarrick

tbcarrick Approved members

Only in the very beginning did they have Brandon on a carb limit..to see where he was at for insulin....Now, the nutritionist gives him guidelines,but never says he ate too much..He is growing and they sometimes need more food...The nutritionist says you shouldn't deprive kids of carbs to extreme because their bodies need them to grow and help their brains to function properly...I think I would have felt very disturbed had they said anything to me..Hope it gets better for you...

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

We haven't been asked until the last appointment. The nurse felt that Nathan's carb intake wasn't high enough over the previous week (because that is what they really look at). She asked him if he isn't very hungry lately. He looked at her like she had three heads so I answered and told him that his appetite waxes and wanes as he grows and doesn't. That seemed to satisfy her since he had grown almost an inch between appointments.

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

You guys have made me feel better, thank you! I really did think he was doing things the lazy way, but it is working, so this makes me feel less concerned.