- advertisement -

Carb counting computer software?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ginagbaby1, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

Anyone know of some kind of software where you can add up all the ingredients in a recipe and you get a total carb count per serving?

Thanks guys.

2. rare

rare Approved members

There's a website that does that. I'll try to find the link because I think I lost the paper that has the url on it.

ETA: Here it is. It doesn't give the info per serving though - just for the whole recipe.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
    ETA #2: lol you can change the serving size. My bad.

3. chammond

chammond Approved members

We use nutritiondata.com for this. You can set up a free account and put in your recipes. It saves them and gives you the nutritional facts just like on a food label. We put in the recipes that we use often, and then can print off the "label" and keep it with my recipe books. Good Luck!

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Some recipe software has this feature. I use MasteCook and am able to see a nutritional analysis.

My niece told me that the sparkpeople.com website has a similar feature.

5. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

6. KHM

KHM Approved members

I might add that there's an iPhone app for that (sorry; that tagline is infectious)--we use CarbFinder on our iPhones and it lets you save meals, favorite items, etc. We've found some gaps in carb counts for food chains but the developers are always adding new stuff.

I don't know any of these other web-based offerings; they might also have mobile versions and that could well be better.