- advertisement -

Carb counter...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have Calorie King and Figwee. Are there any others out there that are worth looking into?
    I have always used Calorie King, but find it tedious at times...

2. njswede

njswede Approved members

Assuming you mean the apps and not the books, I was asking myself the same question. Most of them seem to be geared toward weight loss rather than diabetes management. Since I'm a software engineer, I've been toying with the idea of writing my own app. The nutrition data is available freely from USDA. But really, there HAS to be a good app out there, hasn't it?

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I swear the simplest is to just put it in google, up pops a changeable serving size and drop down menu for type and a carb count, it's so quick and easy. Google carbs sweet potato, carbs popcorn, etc.

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

I have the FatSecret app in addition to the ones you mentioned. I really like it. DH just searches online, which works for him.

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

The two we use are Fast Food Calories by Nanobit and Restuarant Nutrition by Foundation HealthCare Network. They both update so that even new menu items are included. And, if we have a food we aren't sure what to guess and it's a non-chain place and not listed, we figure out a restaurant that would also serve that food and use their numbers.

I like Figwee, too, but I don't find myself using it very often.