advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb count tamales

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by LJM, Dec 22, 2008.

1. LJM

LJM Approved members

Any idea the carb count in one of the smaller home-made tamales? Pork, I think. My DH's secretary makes them each year and they are great. Calorie-King says 4.5 oz tamale (meat) is about 27. Online I found counts of about 12g each. I think I am going with 12g each.

2. 2ladybugs

2ladybugs Approved members

We use carb factors and the last time we had chicken tamales, I used a factor of 0.16. The tamale weighed out at 19g for one. I think I will bump it up to around 0.18 or so for next time because she was slightly high almost 2 hours later ~ not bad but high at 230. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

Thanks Carie!

Well, the 12g per did not work. He went down to 73 at baseball practice, had some carbs to get through that and he is 80 at bedtime. I either underestimated or he really worked hard at practice. I will have to weigh them out more carefully. They were worth it though (he ate 5).

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I"m going to have to stop reading this OT forum, you all make me so hungry!!! I haven't had a tamale in forever, but sounds wonderful!!