- advertisement -

Can I vent for just a minute?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by M.Pendergraph, Jan 6, 2010.

1. M.Pendergraph

M.Pendergraph Approved members

Honestly, I wish I could just shrink the boys back to being 5 because I'm really not enjoying the teenage years right now. Ugh!!
    At their school, sophomores are allowed to go off campus for lunch if they want to (with their parents permission). Kyle and Blake have the same lunch period and Kyle leaves everyday but Blake can't since he is still a freshman. So this afternoon I got a call from the school saying that both of the boys were being sent home for the rest of the day (Kyle for sneaking another student off campus and Blake for skipping class). It turned out that Kyle was somehow able to sneak Blake off campus when they left for lunch (the school officers didn't check I.D.'s) but got caught when they tried to get back in. When they got back, the school patrol officers asked to see everyone's I.D., Blake said he didn't have it. They told him to show them something that proved he went to the school and that he was at least a sophomore or they would have him arrested for trespassing. I guess that scared him enough so he told them the truth. I'm just so pi$$ed at both of them right now especially since they had the guts to try and lie to the cops!! :mad:

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

teen years..such fun :rolleyes:..the good thing is that they got caught..maybe they wont try it again..but maybe they will..it looks like they are good kids over all..i was always pretty grateful that i didnt find out everything that my kids did when they were teens and also that my parents didnt find out what I did lol :D ..hang in there..it isnt the end of the world..just a nasty bump..

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

wouldn't it be great if you could just wake up and they would be 18 and back to normal?

my younger dd's BFF has been dealing iwth a online predator this week. wanted her to send photo's/videos. not pretty.

4. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Huh? 18 is when they think they know it all already.:eek: Yes teens do make life interesting.

5. fredntan2

its not over at 18???

6. fredntan2

I'm planning a big vacation for myself when the last one graduates:D:D:D

7. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Nope doesn't end at 18 but there is hope for 21. This what my 21 year old posted on his FB yesterday

"Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or... your work, all you have to do is change your mind." :)

oh, just when you think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, he then joined this group http://www.facebook.com/southerncomfort?ref=mf :rolleyes:

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

My youngest is 23 and she still thinks she knows it all and does lots of stuff she shouldn't.

9. Mikker

Mikker Approved members

You're so cute Fran... over at 18?? You're so cute... lol

Try 25... if you're lucky.

10. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

I know it's only because my kids are way too young for this to hit home but I think it's funny and sweet (just a little bit) because I remember you posting about how they were mad at each other about the choir thing so at least they're doing stuff together right? hehe Like I said, the only reason I think this is funny is because my kids are 3 and 1 so in another 10 years I'll be on here venting and you can say you told me so :)

11. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

I'm 24 :) I do know it all hehe No I know I don't by any means but I will say that having a d child really does help push you closer to being an adult/grown up

12. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Not to minimize your frustration (because I would be too) but a little perspective is good too: They could be in trouble for a lot worse! Two brothers sneaking off to have lunch together? That's actually kind of sweet.

13. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Reading this thread is just too scary!:eek: Mine are still young enough to think I know a little anyway:D

14. Annapolis Mom

Annapolis Mom Approved members

I agree with the "it's sweet" interpretation.

I snuck off plenty when I was in high school, but never to have lunch with my brother.

These are good boys.

15. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

I understand completely!!:rolleyes:

16. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Not looking forward to those days.. but I have one question.. why send them home?? isn't that what most kids want.. now they have the rest of the day off.. what happened to inschool dedentions and inschool suspensions?

I hope they've learned their lesson..

17. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Kaleb just turned 18 last month and the attitude somehow got worse overnight. Now he plays the "I'm adult card". I am so sick of hearing that. I tell him that he is not an adult until he lives on his own and pays all of his own bills. He is just an 18 year old kid.

I will say I was a PIA kid. The older I get the smarter my parents get.

18. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

"I hate it when they act their age." :D

19. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Sounds like a life lesson to me!

The sneaking out to lunch together is fun & sweet - the lying part is what would upset me the most. I can understand your feelings but if this is the worst thing your boys do then you should be thrilled.

20. Boo

Boo Approved members

crap.

I totally agree. Unfortunately for my parents, that didn't happen until I was 35.

To be serious, I totally get your frustration. I have 3 great boys, and we are just starting the teenage years, so I am sure I have a lot to look forward to. As others have said, it sounds like your boys are pretty good overall. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't take it as a challenge to do it better next time!

Are they being punished at home? ;)