- advertisement -

can I change extended bolus with t-slim

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

So my daughter had soda and pizza tonight. She was going to have a large amount of pizza and a small amount of soda. We bolused up front for the soda and an extended bolus for the pizza. Then she ended up having a larger amount of soda and a small amount of pizza. Is there a way to give the last half of the extended bolus now? I know it will be too late to do anything about it today once I get responses, but for future reference...

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I would just cancel the extended bolus and then bolus for whatever you want right now.

ETA: Just press the X next to bolus and then confirm.

3. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

What Meg said, also know that the amount left that didn't get delivered will be on the screen right after you cancel, so you can see exactly what wasn't given. I end up canceling extended boluses if she starts to go high, and then starting them over with more up front of what is remaining. If you need to do a site change during an extended bolus, you need to cancel it out and give the remainder after the change.

4. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Thanks and thanks to both of you!