- advertisement -

Can "excitement" cause high #'s???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dbz2988, Feb 28, 2008.

1. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

I know that YDMV, but does anyone see a pattern with "excitement" and high numbers?
    It could be as simple as being able to do an activity they don't normally do, or if they haven't seen someone for a while, the numbers go high???? Any thoughts on this??:confused:

2. ROVERT81402

ROVERT81402 Approved members

I've noticed this with Trevor. He seems to go a little high when his gramma is over.

3. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Yes, Jacob can go high if he is excited. Last week Jacob and his dad went to a different city by plane. In fact, they had to change planes in Dallas. Anyways, Jacob was in the low 100's then about the time they boarded the plane he was in the high 300's, after they landed they called me to ask what to do, I figured he was just excited so I said nothing and wait a couple hours check again, sure enough that night back into the mid 100's. The next day on the return trip same exact thing happened.

Yucky Yucky diabetes, can't even be happy and excited without *it* going out of whack.

4. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Us too

Ava goes high whenever she gets to climb on the jungle gym and go down the slide. You'd think the exercise would bring her down, but all the excitement shoots her up. Generally, we correct for it, then wait for the exercise low to hit later that night.

5. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Excitement or being upset can cause highs. We call them stress or adrenaline highs.

6. hughsfan30

hughsfan30 Approved members

It definitely happens to Jacob when he is excited or mad or scared. A few weeks ago there was much drama at his school, I wont go into it, it was related to another kid and not a D matter, but when we got home with him he was over 500!! :eek::eek: Always happens to him.

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

My son's bg always goes way up when he's excited or anxious or afraid...and I mean way high...

Ok, hope noone's looking....BTW, what does YDMV stand for:eek:

8. abacobaby

abacobaby Approved members

I'm pretty new at this, but I think YDMV stands for "Your Diabetes may vary". Someone correct me if I'm wrong here:D

9. asalhany

asalhany Approved members

yes, i have noticed with my daughter, when she's excited, tired, anxious, afraid she'll skyrocket.
    last week i took my girls skiing, she shot up to a very high number.

StillMamamia YDMV stands for for Your Diabetes May Very

10. Pammers

Pammers Approved members

Joey runs high at school - a stressful place for him.

My non-D son had a BG of 156 in the ER when he broke both of his arms. I was scared for a while, but he's never had anything but 96-104 since.