- advertisement -

Byram, Liberty, or Edgepark

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

If you had to choose one, which one would you pick? This is for insulin pump supplies. I can't go through the manufacturer. Possibly relevant is the fact that I told Byram (well DSC) I would never use them again after they managed to mess up every single dexcom order I placed through them in a series of bizarre ways. But if they are the best of the three I will deal with them. I'm not picky, I just want a place that doesn't put you on hold for ages, mails things to the requested address, and can spell my last name correctly (that was a big challenge for DSC, despite having a copy of my insurance card).

ETA: I have been doing some searching. In particular, I am curious about Liberty. People seem to either love them or hate them. Any recent experiences?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

NOT LIBERTY!!!

I have had so many "fishy' experiences with them that I believe they "skirt being ethical" with how they submit claims.

edgepark seems to have "higher" negotiated rates but i have never had an issue with claims and or in warranty issues with DME products.

I have not used the other.

if you can get threw RX then my favorite is foundation Care Pharmacy.

3. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

I can't stand edgepark. I have an issue with every order. I used to deal with neighborhood but for done reason it was switched. Neighborhood was better

4. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

We have DSC and have been happy with them. They are old school in terms of one has to call and can't do things online but we've found them responsive and reliable.

5. Mimikins

Mimikins Approved members

I'm using Liberty, and I'm not incredibly satisfied with them. There have been times when they would send the "your order is going to be processed and shipped in a few days, expect it to arrive in x-y days" and never have the order show up (sometimes being up to a month late). When I called to ask why the supplies are not being shipped, their team members give a ton of varied responses ranging from "your supplies cannot be shipped for another month", "we can ship your supplies now if you want", and "you don't have a billing plan set up with us" (when I had one set up when I started pump therapy). I've pretty much learned to keep a ton of backup pump supplies in the event that I run into another one of these delays.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

Liberty was a NIGHTMARE. I used them for a year (not by choice) a few years ago. We were supposed to be on auto-ship but had to call every time, numerous times. Each call produced a different excuse, similar to Mimikins. Nothing was ever done unless I escalated it to a supervisor, but getting to speak to one was very difficult. Everyone I spoke with had a very thick accent and it was impossible to understand them. And then billing was another issue -- if you need to satisfy your deductible, good luck getting them to bill timely. They held some bills for 4-5 months before submitting them to insurance!

So run, don't walk, far from them.

7. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Byram never returned my calls so we ended up with Edgepark. We only had 2 orders with them...for a new G4 system & a sensor refill. No problems at all with the first order. The sensor order was a headache. They supposedly couldn't verify benefits because they couldn't reach our insurance. When we finally got the order through we paid almost double what we now pay.

8. Ali

Ali Approved members

Byram. We have had no issues. You can order online but the trick is the online system only shows your last order so try and order all supplies at same time. You can also sign up for auto mail order. When we went to Hawaii a few years ago and I left supplies at home I called them and they got supplies to me within a day and were very helpful with the issue. Good luck. Ali

9. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Thanks :) So I guess the consensus is that Byram is the best (least bad??) of the three.

I can go through rx and I use foundation care (and love them so much!) for pods/dex sensors. It would be around an extra $200 a year for me to use them for pump supplies instead of going through DME. Perhaps it would be worth it though. Actually, you know, I think I will do that. They have been nothing short of amazing to me. I'm wondering if I can't have the prescription written for daily site changes so I can get 3 boxes of sites per copay. That would make it less expensive than using DME coverage since I would have to order less frequently.

10. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

If Byram and DSC are the same, we always fill our orders online with them. We created an account at https://www.mybyramhealthcare.com fill from there. Their system is a bit old school for an online system, but it works for us.

11. Brhodes

Brhodes Approved members

I'm a little nervous now. We had our original omnipod order with edgepark and we're in the process of placing our next order, but I just started reading the google reviews for them and they're pretty bad.