- advertisement -

bummed broke the lantus bottle....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom23boys, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

By the way, it may be helpful to call A+ Medical Supply at 800-646-8040 . They have always accepted what our insurance pays as payment in full. Never had a single co-pay on strips, insulin, pump supplies, glucagon, etc. Good luck! Sorry, missed the quote button lol

Does this work with other meds as well? I have a friend with cancer that is $200 a month short on her meds and can't fill them all. That would be a great thing to share!
    I also keep my lantus in the original box in the fridge. No issues thus far! (Knock on wood;))

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

have you tried having the Lantus pens?

We draw the Lantus from the pens, for us this is great because her basal is fairly low and I can be sure that we never go over 30days with a pen.

And if we drop it or if we have questionable storage while traveling/camping then I can just toss the pen and it is only 300 units compared to a whole vial of 1000 units.

3. sheeboo

sheeboo Approved members

Not sure if this has been posted already--I looked, but didn't see it. These are great protective vial cases, especially with MDI or untethered regimes, because you can still clearly see the label:
    http://techcenter.dlife.com/blog?blogId=49645

4. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

We have a koozie made for the insulin bottle because I did the exact same thing but happened to have an extra bottle on hand. This has worked great for us and it was only $5.......

5. swellman

swellman Approved members

We went to a local dive store and asked for an old neoprene diving glove - it cost us $5.00. I then cut the fingers and thumbs and used them for vial koozies.