- advertisement -

Broken Ping remote

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bsbllmom, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

I haven't been around much due to life circumstances. But I needed to come here to vent since there really isn't anyone else that will understand.

Yesterday after my son's graduation, Christian comes to me and says something is wrong with his Ping remote. Um...........yeah............It looks like someone put their big foot on it. He said he had it on the ground at graduation, he is in the band, but he doesn't think anyone stepped on it. Um..........really?............I think someone stepped on it. Ugh and that is what I use when he needs a correction at night. :mad: Oh well. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Oy! I would not be happy at all! We just had them replace hannas as it was being overly sensitive.

3. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

So sorry that happened! We have had quite a few "broken" remotes - mostly cracked screens, and DS always says he has "no idea" how it happened!! And yes, I also cringe when I have to dig for his pump to make a middle of the night correction! Luckily, Animas is pretty good about getting the new remote out quickly. I would suggest, though, that you check and see if they are requiring a signature when they deliver it, because that happened to us one time and the UPS driver had to track us down so we could sign for it instead of waiting another day (it was very nice of him to do that).

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

You can always request that Animas send things without a signature required... I live out in the country so the odds of someone taking something off my porch are pretty slim... if I lived in the city I might worry more, but it's more of a hassle with the kids' various schedules to make sure I am home when UPS shows up.

Once when I was out of town (over Thanksgiving weekend) I had a replacement pump sent to my neighbor's house since I knew they'd be home to sign for it... Animas had no problem with that either.

5. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Yes, now I always make sure I request "no signature" so I don't have to worry about it.

6. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

It sure was!! The day J's pump arrived, I was home all day to sign for it. We have a dog. A loud dog. That barks when people come on the porch.

Our UPS guy must have tiptoed up to the door and put on the "you weren't here, so sorry" note! He never knocked and I had to run out to the UPS office and get the pump off his truck when he got back to work that night!
    UGH I was SOOO mad!