- advertisement -

Broke 2 pump clips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Momontherun, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

My son started pumping two weeks ago. He has now broke both his Medtronic pump clips. He is now keeping his pump in his pocket which is fine for school. What other devices would you suggest. He hates belts, I am not sure about a spiebelt if he will like it. Thanks for the help.

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

What size pump does he have? 180 units or 300 units in the reservoir? I have plenty of extra pump clips I have acquired through the years and I would be happy to send you one.

I would highly recommend the spibelt though. I wear my pump or dexcom in it all the time. It hides under clothes very easily and doesn't bounce while running or jumping on the trampoline. Also, I hate belts to. If he hates them because he has to undo them to take his pants off to use the bathroom the spibelt is different from that. I just leave it up on my stomach while pulling my pants down. It is actually easier in my opinion then having the pump clipped to your pants or in your pocket.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  3. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

I'm not sure how helpful this is, as you might not want to keep doing what does not seem to be working, but Medtronic is really good about replacing broken clips!

4. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

Thanks for the replies, I will give medtronic a call. I think we will need one of those belts anyway for baseball to keep it more protected so he may like it. i just hope to avoid buying stuff that he doesn't use.

Meg thanks for the offer we should be fine, you are so kind.

5. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I hate belts, or anything restrictive around me, I personally have sensory challenges. I'm not T1, my son is, but one day I borrowed my son's spibelt for a run, to put my phone in, figuring I'd hate it but it may be worth it. LOVE the spibelt, there are many days I get home from a run and forget I have it on, you simply can't feel it, it lays flat, doesn't bind, doesn't move around, is very soft and comfortable.

It would be great if you could borrow one to try it, you may be surprised.

My son does a combo of pocket and spibelt for his pump.