- advertisement -

Bret Michaels' daughter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sweetkid4, Apr 18, 2010.

1. sweetkid4

sweetkid4 Approved members

Have not been on here in a while, so forgive me if this has already been discussed,LOL! I have been watching Celebrity Apprentice and Bret Michaels' daughter was having all of the T1 symptoms and blood tests were supposed to come back this episode. When asked about his daughter, he responded : I did not get the answer I hoped for, but she will be fine.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!! LOL! So, does anyone have any other info on his daughter??

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

was it on tonight? If so, I totally missed it.. bummer.. I'm guessing since he didn't get the answer he wanted that she was diagnosed with diabetes.. I guess I assumed all along she would be, why else would they bring it into the story line?

3. sweetkid4

sweetkid4 Approved members

Good point about the story line.

4. Meghan'smom

Meghan'smom Approved members

I saw that also. The prior episode was such an emphasis on his daughter possibly being diagnosed and this one all we get is she is going to be fine! The way he was with Trump it seemed like she didn't have it or they have to keep on eye on it. Maybe it is to early and she is having high numbers but not enough to be diagnosed yet?

5. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I saw it too. When he was explaining to Trace Atkins , that as a type one diabetic he had a 50% chance of "passing" it onto one of his children. I have never heard of the risk being that high.

6. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

i heard Donald Trump asking Bret how is things going with that in the room and he said he did not get the answer he was hopeing for, that she will be alright.

7. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

I was wondering as well... wishing him and raine the best of luck

I think he has the statistic confused.. A father does have a 50% greater chance at passing it on then the mother.. BUT not a true 50 % .. YOu have a 3% chance at passing it on as mother and a 6 % chance if you are a father.. ( ie 50% greater chance.) BUT to the out side world they wont understand that.

I just read up on the statistics, i will try to find the page agian and post it here..

8. Eminemsmom

Eminemsmom Approved members

My thoughts are with Brett, his daughter and their family at this time... diagnosis or not, I am sure they are all scared...

9. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I find it very interesting that even though no one knows what causes Type 1 diabetes, people are able to state with such certainty the chance of "passing it on".
    (Not meaning just you, Chandra)

10. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

I didn't get a chance to watch this weekend, so I googled and found out that Bret actually had an emergecy apendectomy last Monday (4/12/10). I know this has nothing to do with his daughter, I do wish them all the best news, just thought I would share.

11. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

She was dx'd shortly after he was called.