- advertisement -

Brensdad

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Christopher, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

In the orignal thread, yes it should have been a PM... but it was not and Chris had the right to publicly defend himself.

I agree with caspi, that this specific thread should have been left well enough alone to begin with.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I actually agree with you that once it's posted on the forum, no one can dictate who should and shouldn't respond. That's why I don't get why you're so up in arms about Chris' response to the original thread in question, especially since Jeff has made it known that he agrees with him.

It sucks when people who never post here anymore drop in to stir the pot. :(

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  3. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I'm pretty sure this is why I came to Izzy's defense in the first place. Someone had to do it.

4. Brensdad

What sucks is that people like Heather don't feel like posting here anymore.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

The difference being that Christopher's comments to Brensdad were polite and respectful. What you said to Christopher was not, hence why people defended him.

6. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Plus a ton of others :( Nick, I think you're my new hero! Kudos to you!

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

Ok, I think you do understand, but to try to explain, here is what I think. Jeff said that in HIS OPINION, the post did not belong here, not as a statement of what is POLICY. I am not aware that there is an actual policy banning prayer requests or talking about cancer in the OFF TOPIC section. In MY OPINION there is nothing wrong in someone who comes here asking for support for a six year old child who is dying of cancer. That request should be met with support or, if that is not possible, then the post should be ignored by the reader. The poster should not have their motives questioned. When the poster saw what was happening, she started a new thread which was also met with derision. I applaud Brensdad for saying what so many others were thinking.

I do post here a lot and was not trying to stir any POT, just giving my opinion, as the rest of you do with impunity.

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Just to clarify, none of my posts were removed.

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

Yes, they were, the whole thread was removed.

10. Christopher

Hi Heather,

There are a ton of other threads on this site, people sharing positive experiences, people needing help and getting it, people venting, people sharing wisdom, all sorts of great threads. This is a great forum. If you are letting this one single little thread keep you from coming to this site, well, I guess that is your choice, you are an adult. But it is too bad.

I hope that is not true. I hope people feel that they can come here and share their opinion freely.

11. Christopher

Ohhh...you mean the vaccine thread? Yes that was removed. Most likely because it was an innapropriate topic for this forum, not becuase of anything I posted. But yes I posted in it. So did Brensdad. You did too, right? :cwds:

12. sooz

sooz Approved members

"I hope that is not true. I hope people feel that they can come here and share their opinion freely."

More irony?

13. Brensdad

A new user, someone who's been here since November, posted prayer requests for a child dying of cancer. Two people posted that they did not think it was appropriate to post, so the new user withdrew the link and felt she had been treated rudely, and I agreed.

Jeff has the absolute right to determine what's appropriate and what is not. Neither of the posters who first said her post was inappropriate are Jeff and should have just left it alone instead of making a new member of our CWD family feel badly enough to withdraw their post.

I stand behind my actions and statements.

14. Christopher

No, not really.

I started this thread as a response to Brensdad, hence the title. I said what I needed to and that was all I wanted to do. I was polite and respectful. Unfortunately, you came and posted some things that changed the whole tone. Hopefully we can all move on.

15. Christopher

Another reason why I feel that young teens should probably not come into the Parents section. I think a reasonable adult would have been able to see my comment for what it was, an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Teens have a tendency to respond more emotionally, without putting things in the proper perspective.
    Hopefully we can all move on.

16. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

Okay guys, I never ment for this to get outta control. The only reason I posted it was because it really hit home and I want the family to be in peace.

How did it hit home for me?
    When I was 13 (I'm now 16), my 9 year old sister lost her battle with bone cancer. I know the hurt and pain this family is feeling. I just wanted God to ease their pain, I know all of you all don't believe in Him, but I do and others do too. The greiving process of losing a sibling is extremly difficult. It'll be 3 years, in July. My sister and I shared a room, I still don't sleep in there. I sleep on the couch. It hurts so much to even think about Grace.

I'm sorry to have caused all of this. I truely am. I didn't mean for this to end up this way. I'm sorry again.

-Izzi

17. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Jeff's opinion IS the policy here, LOL.

18. sooz

sooz Approved members

Christopher, the whole reason that Brensdad wrote what he did, and I wrote what I did, is because people DON'T feel they can post here freely without you and your supporters jumping on them, even down to typos and people who are unfortunate to make spelling errors. I feel sorry for you that you don't understand that.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  19. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

My thoughts exactly.

20. sooz

sooz Approved members

Izzy, I am so sorry for your loss. You did nothing wrong and do not need to say you are sorry. What is being said here has needed saying for a long time. You have my deepest, heartfelt condolences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.