- advertisement -

Brag Allowed?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Apr 5, 2012.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I'm just so proud of Connor for finding a sport that he loves and he's good at. He started wrestling, and he is a natural. He is a lean, mean, squeezing machine. His signature move is what I call "the boa constrictor". Once he gets his opponent on his back, Connor locks his feet under the boy's legs and squeezes with every fiber of his being. His blood sugars have been in range during his matches, and he hasn't had any lows. His last match is tonight. So far he's 4-2. The only boy that has beat him is in his 2nd year of wrestling. Anyway...no point to this point. Just that I'm beaming because I'm so happy! :D

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Fantastic! Glad he enjoys it and is so good. My son is a fencer...bit of an unusual sport, but he LOVES it.

3. momandwifeoftype1s

Oooh! I know Connor would love fencing too. I wonder if that's an option where we live? Wrestling is coming to an end, and I want to find another sport for him. He seems to do well with one-on-one competition rather than team sports.

I was very proud of him at his last match because of his teammates lost his match and was very upset. Connor was sitting next to him and wanted to cheer him up. He came up in the stands to get one of his extra Gatorades for his buddy. I thought it was a sweet gesture.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm not sure bragging is allowed under the Terms & Conditions of this site...hmmm...:p

Awesome that Connor likes wrestling!

5. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Cool Bean! Congrats to Connor!

6. momandwifeoftype1s

You crack me up, Paula! He's been invited to a birthday party tomorrow by one of his wrestling buddies. Another one of his new wrestling friends spent the night at our house last night. I'm so happy that diabetes has been a non-issue with this sport and encouraged new friendships. Love it!

7. momandwifeoftype1s

Thank you, Shirley! :D