- advertisement -

Brag alert

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Marcia, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I can't wait any longer to share, Abbey will be performing at Carnegie Hall Feb 17 with her youth orchestra. The performance is close to sold out. There is a choir sharing the bill. Her orchestra will meet members of the New York Phil on Saturday for classes prior to the Phil's concert. This is really a big deal for the kids and our excitement is building as the date gets closer. Who knew all that practice, practice, practice really does get you to Carnegie Hall! (If you are near NYC, the performance is at 2 pm.)

2. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

That's wonderful!

3. 4MyBoys

4MyBoys Approved members

Congratulations! How did it go?

4. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

That is AWESOME!

5. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

How wonderful, I'm sure it went great. Congrats!

6. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Congratulations!!! I'm sure it was a wonderful experience!! Wish I saw this earlier.....

7. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

It was glorious! An usher let us get seated early when he saw my elderly mother with her cane. He took us into the empty hall and when I turned to look at the hall from near the stage, I just burst into tears. It was really hard to take it all in. The kids got a very long standing ovation from a close to sold out audience. Abbey said she was overcome with emotion when they finished the first piece. A memory that will last a lifetime for both of us. After classes with the NY Phil, Ab is now certain she will pursue a performance degree. Thank you all for following the post.