- advertisement -

Braces Off! Cause of high bg?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tena, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Tena

Tena Approved members

Emily got her braces off today!:D Yeah! Her appt was at 10:30 am so I told her to check her bg before going in just in case she might would need a snack since the appt would be 2 hours long. She usually goes a little low if she doesnt eat lunch on time. Any way she checked, 240!!!!! What? Anyway I let them know that I would be checking her from time to time during the process. After about an hour and after they told her her teeth looked really pretty she started coming down. by 11:00 she was 176 and by the time they were finished she was 112 and ready for lunch.

I guess it was the excitement and nervousness causing the high. We checked the tubing and had no air bubbles and she ate the same thing for breakfast she always eats and it never causes highs.

Do you think I am coming to the correct conclusion? I hope so. I hate to see her that high. She usually does really good staying in range except for THAT time of the month. So when we see mid 200's I sorta get nervous. But she has been in range the rest of the day. So alls well now. Thanks for letting me talk> Tena

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I would guess it was because she was excited about the braces being off and her smile looking like this :D!

3. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

My daughter said it was painful when some of the brackets were pulled off. Did she say it hurt? I'd bet it a combination of excitement and nerves. My D daughter gets hers off in September. So we'll see if it affects her numbers. :confused:

4. Tena

Tena Approved members

She said it wasn't so bad. Only one tooth really hurt when they pulled the bracket off. She is now looking at having a gingivectomy on her upper gums to lengthen her top teeth. The Orthodonist says that her top teeth are hidden by her gums. So we will find out in the next couple of weeks.