- advertisement -

books

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Volleyball_Chick_15, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ctwetten

ctwetten Approved members

I'm totally obsessed with reading. I like historical fiction best, but I'll read most everything well written. Try "The Scarlet Pimpernel", "Tale of Two Cities" and "Cry the Beloved Country". I'm a big fan of these. For sci fi, C.S. Lewis's space trilogy, starting with "Out of the Silent Planet" is awesome.
    Ok, I could go on forever like this. Hope you like these. ;)

2. ctwetten

ctwetten Approved members

Ok, ok, I just had to add one more author, thinking about friendship. Jane Austen. My fav is either Persuasion or Emma...or maybe Mansfield Park. Ok, I like them all. Oh, and "Jane Eyre" is great. I didn't read it for years 'cause I thought it was going to be sappy and corny and stupid, but then I read it on a bet and loved it.

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

You mean it's NOT sappy?!! Ok :D I'll read it now :D. I like sappy, but can only tolerate so much of it.

4. Ithilfey

Ithilfey Approved members

DOES ANYONE READ TERRY BROOKS?! He writes sci/fi. He's brilliant! :D He wrote all the Shannara books. I'd list them all but there's like 15 of them.... Well, The Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara, and Wishsong of Shannara. Has anyone read any of them?

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

So sorry :( !!! I'm not much into sci-fi, although an occasional MILD is okay.

6. Ithilfey

I just love fantasy. I'm reading To Green Angel Tower right now... It's like 1200 pages... Its really good, but oh so depressing... ;)

7. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

one of my favorite authors is nicholas sparks...i've read almost all of his...and i like jodi picoult (my sister's keeper)...hmmm i'll read pretty much anything...love to read...

8. Ithilfey

Then read the Sword of Shannara, just so I will know someone else who's read it! You surely must have read The Lord of the Rings... please tell me that you've read The Lord of the Rings... ;)

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I've read the Hobbit...for a school thing. But I've never read the Lord of the Rings.......

10. Ithilfey

I think I like that school. Did you like it? If you did, then you'll LOVE Lord of the Rings. Have you ever seen Deep Impact?

11. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

No I didn't really like it. It was okay sometimes.:D Sorry. No. What's Deep Impact?

12. Ithilfey

It's a really good, yet sad, movie about a comet that Leo Beiderman(Elijah Wood) discovers. The comet is on a collision corse with earth. All life on the planet will be extinguished. It's really really good. I mean, Elijah Wood is in it. Need I say more?:D

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

IDK I really don't watch TV or anything... That's why I'm a total bookaholic :D
    I just got finished with Tracie Peterson's "Ladies of Liberty" books (altho she hasn't finished the series yet :() and Karen Kingsbury's "Just Beyond the Clouds," which, by the way, were REALLY good!! I tried to get into Wanda Brunstetter's Amish books...but she doesn't seem to be as good as Beverly Lewis. :( Oh well. I'll hunt up some more books tomorrow :D

14. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Stephen Kings It,Gunslinger, Bag of Bones, Salems Lot, horror stories like that :)
    Horror books are the phase right now!
    I'm a die hard Harry potter and Nancy Drew Fan :)
    and any Manga fans?