- advertisement -

Book: USING INSULIN by John Walsh

Discussion in 'Diabetes Book Club' started by twodoor2, Apr 9, 2008.

1. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I had to start this thread since we all know I'm fanatical about this book!!:D

It is a "Must Have" for any one managing themselves or any diabetic on insulin.

2. Rick

Rick Approved members

If you already have Pumping Insulin is it worth getting Using Insulin too?

3. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I definitely think so. I look at "Using Insulin" as more of a precursor or Volume 1 to "Pumping Insulin". It's a great reference to have.:D

Make sure that when you buy this book, you have the latest edition. My friend told me that a large "Big Book" store sold her an old copy. I bought mine from Amazon.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. coni

coni Approved members

It's most helpful if you have some recent logs with a few weeks worth of data before sitting down to read this book. That way, you can use your child's info in the examples.

I had read other books before this one, but this book is practical and hands on. Reading it was an "ah ha" experience for me.

5. zoesmama

zoesmama Approved members

My copy of Pumping Insulin is coming tomorrow! I'm way excited to read it... but don't tell my professors that I'll be reading this instead of my textbooks... :eek: