- advertisement -

Book: Sugar Free Me

Discussion in 'Diabetes Book Club' started by Felburg, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Felburg

Felburg Approved members

This book is called "Sugar Free Me". It was writen by somebody that I go to school with.

Written by juvenile diabetic teenager, Naomi Kingery, along with stories and tips from others like her. Sugar Free Me talks about the emotional aspects of this disease with a positive and quirky spin on it. It's a perfect read if you're personally a diabetic, or if you care about one in your life!

http://livetolovediabetes.com/

I learned about this book in a Diabetes Seminiar, where she was a guest speaker.

I don't have diabetes, and this book seems very informative.

2. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Just wondering, but does it say diabetics have to besugar free in the book?

3. Felburg

Felburg Approved members

I'm not sure, I really didn't get a chance to read it. I can ask her (the author)the next time I see her at school.

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I keep meaning to look for this book at Books A Million.

5. Felburg

Felburg Approved members

6. naomikingery

naomikingery New Member

Haha, I'm the author of this book! It actually doesn't say anything about diabetics being sugar free, Im sorry if the title is misleading. The title actually has the word ME written in sugar cubes, to represent the battle a diabetic has with sugar (sometimes we have to eat it, other times we can't, etc.) It's really about my journey to learn how to embrace my diabetes during my teen years, and through my book I hope to help others do the same!

THANKS for posting this!!!