- advertisement -

Board rearrangement?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Deal

Deal Approved members

The one thing I really miss on this forum as compared to others I use is a quick navigation link that allows me to see 'unread posts since last visit' and 'new replies to your posts'

2. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

But, if everyone is skipping them isn't that rude? If they were in with the Parents of type 1 at least I'd think about looking at them:eek:

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I agree if would be rude if the forums were ignored. And I do see many people just jumping right into the parents forum - there's no issue with that. But, there is a small group of regulars that do seem to check that forum daily though.

But I agree with you - I never go to the intro forum. :)

4. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

A feature some people may not be aware of is the New Posts feature...which lists all the threads that are new or have had new responses since your last visit. It's a good way to see what is going on in other departments. You can find that at the top.

Also, as far as the Anonymous posting feature, that is available on some vBulletin versions I believe. It has to be enabled by admin. There is a way for admin to search an IP if rules are broken or someone misbehaves using the Anonymous feature so if Jeff enabled that there would be protection if someone abused it. On another board that I help moderate, that feature in enabled only in certain forums and we have rules for its use...break the rules and you are outed to the board.

As far as reworking the board, I agree that the more forums and sub forums you have the less community there is. I like the idea of tightening it up.

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Can we also have a "intelligent-o-meter" which corrects any of my nonsensical blabbering?

And more smilies. Just to pi$$ some people off.:D

Oh, and automatic clicking on New Posts, because seriously it gets tiring.:eek:

6. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

New Posts link is the only way I browse the forum. The only time I go in through the forum tree is when I want to start a new thread.

7. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I wish there was an option that you could "hide" the topics you don't go into verses rearranging.

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

If you click "New Posts" in the blue line across the top, then you will find only the new or updated threads since you last visited. :cwds:

9. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

Ditto. I always do this. :)

10. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

I always love reading your input. Please continue to post here. It gives me a view into my child's future.

11. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

Cgm and pump towards the top. It took me a year before I realized they were even on the board.

12. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Just bumping this to see if anyone else has any input. :) I think we've had some great ideas on how to make the board more user-friendly.

13. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

How about tutorials on how to add signatures, pictures and show short cuts. (although it requires space of its own)

14. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I like the separate forum for parents of college kids and young adults . Even if it doesn't get much traffic, it is very different when you are no longer responsible for any day to day diabetes care. Sending emerging adult children off to live on their own is a big change for parents.

I see research very different than advocacy and legislation and would keep research separate.

Admittedly, I don't use the full board as much as others.