- advertisement -

Blood in site

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by NoMoreShots, Jul 16, 2010.

1. NoMoreShots

NoMoreShots Approved members

I have blood in my site. When I disconnected I saw it. I have blood come out when I've ripped the site off. But its in the site. Should I change it? My blood sugars are running nicely. 90s. But it sort of scares me.

2. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

We just had this happen I noticed blood in the center & dd said the site hurt. We left it on for about 20 minutes & she said It hurt still so we pulled it & she gushed :( there is now a pretty bruise & area is tender so we hit a vein. I just read a thread here that most pull the site if there is blood. Good luck.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

In my experience, it depends on whether the pump is in the set, or in the tubing. The other day I hit my (steel needle) set against the wall :rolleyes: and about an hour later the pump actually alarmed "NO DELIVERY". When I looked, there was blood filling a lot of the tubing, it was clearly exerting some pressure and stopping the insulin getting in, for me to have a no delivery alarm. My BGs were a bit high too.

Sometimes there's a small amount of blood around the set, and it's fine. If my BGs are normal and the blood isn't in the actual tubing, and the pump says delivery is fine, I leave it be.