- advertisement -

Blood from site

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ndiggs, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

We did a site change yesterday on Olivia and for the first time since we started pumping almost a year ago, it bleed quite a bit after we took the site out. We have had some minor bleeding before, especially if she was wiggling while I took the site out, but this actually BLED, so much I put a band-aid on her little tummy.

Anyone else have any experiences with anything like this? She is also bruising a lot more lately, but her platelets, hemoglobin and clotting factors all come back good...

Maybe I am over thinking this, but I don't like my little girl to bleed anymore than she has to.

2. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Well I"m not on a pump yet...but I hate when I draw blood giving his tummy shots...hopefully folks here give you some good answers..

3. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

On Tuesday, Sophie had a site that did that, but only for a minute. An hour later, you could hardly tell. Made her nervous, though.

4. etringali

etringali Approved members

that happened to us tonight. My son removed his pod, and we got a fountain. cannula must've been in a vein/capillary. took a good 5 minutes to get it to stop.