- advertisement -

black dots

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mayousha, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mayousha

mayousha Approved members

hi all, please is there any cream to put on my daughter's fingers to make them heal she had like 20 or more black dots on her fingers from testing and is there any tips to reduce scars from testing too much:confused:

2. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

Our cde suggested squeezing the finger tight after you get the drop of blood you need for the test. It seems to help with the little black dot issue some. I put cream on his finger tips after I check in the middle of the night. It is rough, those finger tips take a beating.

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I don't know, but I have the same problem. It always seems to get worse when I'm using the same finger over and over, make sure your rotating:)

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Does it actually bother your daughter? My fingers are covered in black dots and I couldn't care less. Just wondering because there is no point in making an issue out of something that really doesn't matter to her. It would annoy me far more to have lotion on my hands than it does to have little pepper spots on my fingers.. :eek:

5. ciarak

ciarak Approved members

I'm not too bothered about the black dots, i hardly notice them, always rotate fingers though so one finger isnt taking most of the tests.

6. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

When we were using the multiclix we were getting lots of the black dots. Since switching to the one touch delica the black dots are gone :) worth a try.

7. Fairlight

Fairlight Approved members

We have learned that holding pressure over the site a few extra seconds works wonders. We use a tissue and press down firmly over the puncture site. I think all we are doing is stopping the bleeding and drying up any residual blood left at the puncture site. Anyway, it works!

8. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I'm with you, I HATE lotion!

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

That is what I do. I think it really helps!

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Besides rotating often, you can try alternate test sites, like the base of the tumb (there's usually a whatchamacalit thingamagigy to test here), or the forearms (I think), or the toes.

Lotion is good if you have some hardness on the fingers. You can lotion up on hand overnight and just test the other.

11. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Honestly, a life time of testing is going to leave its mark. If it doesn't bother her, don't sweat it.

12. show2tj

show2tj Approved members

Dots

Our dots go away after a good soaking in the bath.:)

13. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

LOVE the Delica.

Much thinner needle. No dots.

14. Jasmine'smummy

Jasmine'smummy Approved members

We are only new to this so haven't had this issue - however we also have an "alternative site" tester which you can use on your hand (where the lump is for the base of your thumb) on the back of your arm and feet. This has been a winner as it doesn't hurt at all on your hand.

Sara

15. buckmarko

buckmarko Approved members

I've seen different threads about the Delica, how do you get one? Does it come with a particular monitor?

16. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Ours came with the OneTouch Meter. You can get one for free at http://ww.onetouch.com/

or you can ask your Endo, ours has meters for free but you have to ask for them!

I like the Delica's better than any of the others we have used!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  17. Jake'sMama

Jake'sMama Approved members

we use toes whenever convenient to give the fingers a break. Also use the sides of fingers as opposed to the pads.

Sorry this is just one of the bummer things that we haven't found a way around yet...