- advertisement -

Better batter!!!!!

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Tricia22, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

At my work, there's a doctor who has serious gluten intolerance, but not celiac. I have my gluten issues as well. It's my boss's borthday tomorrow and someone was going to get a cake, but I didn't want me and the doc to be left out, so I decided (wanting to bake anyway) to make DELICIOUS (well, I hoped it would turn out delicious) red velvet GF cupcakes. Went to the local grocery store that I know has a lot of GF stuff - didn't see Jules AP flour mix, but did see Better Batter.
    Just gave in to temptation and tried the extra cupcake I made - still warm, and HOLY COW!!!! Taste - EXACTLY like gluten red velvet... Texture - THE SAME as gluten red velvet!
    SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
    Now to let the rest cool, frost with cream cheese frosting, and cross my fingers that people don't eat all of them tomorrow so I can bring more home for me! :D;):p

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I've never heard of this better batter, but I'll be on the lookout for it. :)

3. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Yay -- that's great news!

By the way, Jules AP GF flour is only available by mail-order, as far as I know.

Better Batter and King Arthur's GF Flour are both available at many Whole Foods and I've heard great reviews of them both. I will try them as soon as I run through my backstock of Jules.

4. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

recipe??

sounds yummy! we love red velvet!

5. Paula+four

Paula+four Approved members

I just looked at their website and the product is only available in a handful of stores on the West Coast.

For those who have used Jules & Better Batter, which would you buy if you had to pay shipping?

Thanks.