- advertisement -

Best wrap for cgm in water

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Theo's dad Joe, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

Can someone remind me or link me to a thread about what kind of wrap works best to go around an arm or leg with a cgm? After trying many spots we actually get the most accuracy, lifespan and zero compression lows at night inserting horizontally on the front upper thigh. arm and bottom give compression lows several times per night. Anyway I want to put some kind of wrap over it around the leg to avoid having it rip off at a water park this spring. Thanks

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

I've heard people use vet wrap with success!

3. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

We used vet wrap sucessfully this summer at the beach. We use the arm though. It might be kind of obtrusive on the leg. What if you just covered the whole thing (without a hole cute out) with Tegaderm or something.

4. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

I've done that OK its just a pain to peel it off. Is vetwrap different from medical wrap because the medical wrap came right off in the water? I was thinking of something like a sleeve. I was hoping the arm worked for us, but my son rolls on it and gets false lows all night. Oddly, if I do the leg vertically it is erratic-not very accurate and "sawtooth" pattern and I think that is because of stretching in the vertical direction when he bends, but if I run in horizontally it is fantastically accurate by the end of the second day.

5. Manuel

Manuel Approved members