- advertisement -

Best prices on barrier wipes, etc.?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by virgo39, Dec 29, 2010.

1. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

So, where do you get the best prices for these kinds of things?

I've been buying boxes of Unisolve wipes through Amazon or a local medical company, and am still working on finding the "perfect" barrier wipe product but suspect that there are other on- and off-line places that may have better prices.

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

do you not get them through your insurance? We order them with our pump supplies and everything that they don't have I order from edgepark and let them bill the insurance.

3. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

I get ours throught Minimed as well. You should really check your pump supplier....

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Our pump supplier, Edgepark, carries some of these items, but as they are not prescription items, I did not even think that they would be covered under DH's policy -- thinking that they were more like glucose tabs, etc.

I'll definitely look at DH's coverage.

Thanks!

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

yeah, you just supply your insurance info, and they may call you to ask what you need them for and you just tell them, and they'll be covered under durable medical, just like pump supplies. :)

6. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Mine are available through CCS Medical, but they aren't covered like DME. I still pay the full price for Tegaderm as well as Skin Tac. Worth the money to me :). It's cheaper for me, though, to order Tegaderm from American Diabetes Wholesale. I haven't done that very often, because it's just more convenient to get everything from one place, but it is cheaper.

7. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Those types of products have not been covered under DME under my three most recent health insurance plans. Wish they were!