- advertisement -

Best friend just dx=(

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by pianoplayer4, Jun 16, 2012.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it will take for her to feel better? she was dx with type one two or three months ago and the celiac test came back positive THEN but the hospital screwed up and told her i was negitive, she found out this week at her endo apoinment that they were wrong=( she's been REALLY sick, and I was just wondering how long it will take for her to feel better? poor girl has lost more weight than when she was dx with d and is in a lot of pain=(

2. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

It'll be different with every person, but it can take about 2 weeks for the gut to rebuild villi. Then it can take a little longer for all the other things to resolve -- and the more severe things are before dx, the longer that can take.

For my son, it was about three weeks before he started noticing the "brain fog" lifting. (He had zero symptoms before dx, and we only learned about him having celiac when the bloodwork came back hugely positive.)