- advertisement -

Belts

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Butterfly Betty, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Sophie's new pump will be here next week, and she wants a belt to wear sometimes. Any suggestions on what type is a good one to look at? She's getting an Animas One-touch Ping, if that helps. Thanks in advance!

2. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

4. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Ditto a spibelt. My son has 3 and I even have one (for my phone/keys while running).

5. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

We love the SPIbelt. It is lightweight, comfortable to wear, and it hugs close to the waist. But, my CWD is a 3-year-old boy, so we look for something plain and simple. For a 9-year-old girl, I think I might look at the Tummietote line by Tallygear, too. They seem a lot wider than the SPIbelt, but they are definitely cuter!

Totally off topic--our kids were diagnosed three days apart. I don't know about you, but for us, it's hard to believe that it has not yet been a year, but at the same time, it is weird to think it has already been a year!

Hope pumping gets off to a great start!

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Spibelt actually has a couple of their kids belts on clearance for only $9.95. If you go that route, be sure to use the coupon code "ship11" for free shipping and their pumper's discount "pump".

7. Butterfly Betty

I've thought a lot about the past ten months over the last few days, and it amazing me how much our lives have changed. Yet, at the same time, I can't really remember what we did before Diabetes. This time last year, we were noticing the weight loss, but not really concerned. Part of me kicks myself in the rear for not taking her in sooner, but the other part of me knows that I can't change it!

8. Butterfly Betty

Will do, thanks!

9. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Spibets are great, they really hug to the body, my daughter likes it because it keeps them from bouncing around. We also use the waistit from pumpwearinc. A bit pricey, but they hold up really well. If she wants something really cutesy, Pumpwear has a million choices (though pricey).

10. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

Our vote is for the TumiTote hands down!!

11. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We like www.angelbearpumpwear.com. I'm a BIG fan of pump cases that have a clear front. With the Ping, sure you can bolus with the remote, but to do many other things, you have to see the pump, and it's nice to not have to take it out of the pouch to do that.

12. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

We love Too Sweet Boutique's pouches. You can get them with a clear window so you can read the screen without taking the pump out and get a button hold in the back to thread the tubing through. They also set flat against my DD's stomach. They also come in super cute fabric. My DD has 4, she loves them so much. So do I!