- advertisement -

Been awhile

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Caydens_Mommy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

It has definately been awhile since I've been here but I still see lots of familiar faces and lots of new faces I don't know. I haven reading the forums for the last few days and decided to jump back in here, seems there was lots of stuff I was missing out on.

Cayden is now 9 and in the 3rd grade. In October it will be 7 years with Type 1, but he is owning it! My goal from day 1 was to always let Cayden do anything he wanted to not let D get in the way and that is exactly what we are doing. Cayden is currently very active in sports, he races dirtbikes and plays baseball. Our life is definately always busy but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones!

Attached is a current picture of Cayden with all of his gear on and his dirtbike.

Attached Files:

2. Caydens_Mommy

photo.jpg

This is another..

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Hi, Cayden's Mommy. I'm Tikva's (Tiki's) mom and I haven't been around here very long because Tiki was just dx'd on 01/24/14 (three months tomorrow). Nice to "meet" you, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Hey there, nice to see you again around here. When I saw you name I totally remembered that your son was a dirt bike kiddo.

I am still here, but now with my youngest with a very early diagnosis and not on insulin yet. She is doing super good as well as is our family.

Hope to see you around again.

5. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

Hi Savannah! Good to see you back. Cayden has grown so much! Is he going back to camp again this summer?

6. Caydens_Mommy

Nice to meet you Tivka, sorry to hear of your daughters dx, I am sure it all still seems so overwheleming to you, but hang in there, I promise it will get better!

mmgirls - Sorry to hear of your second dx, we have 3 Type 1's in our house (2 kids, 1 adult) so I also know how it can be overwhelming. I am glad to hear she and your family is doing well..

MichellesMom - Yes, Cayden has definately grown up, and he seems to think he is older then 9! Cayden did not want to go to camp this year, he loved it last year and didnt want to leave but this year he said he just didnt want to do it.. I was hoping he would even though that was the hardest week of my life, but he doesnt want to so I won't make him.. Maybe next year! Last year was ya'lls last year wasn't it? Or not? Ive still got time, maybe I can convince him.. LOL