- advertisement -

Bedtimes

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by DsMom, Mar 6, 2012.

1. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi Emma, I'm not in the US, as you know, but here's our schedule:

Start at 7:55 :rolleyes:am everyday
    Out at 12:05pm everyday
    3x a week school also in the afternoon from 2pm to 3:45pm:rolleyes:

ETA - that's for my oldest (primary school). For my youngest he starts at the same time, has the same amount of am/pm schedule, except i/o getting out at 12:05pm, he gets out at 11:45am. But he stays in a group til 12:05pm. But in the afternoon, it's same start and stop times, which is a big hassle dropping one and the other kid, for those with kids who no not attend neighbouring schools (as mine do).

And I'm not a big fan of the schedule. I'd much rather have them start at 9am and finish at 1 or 2pm, with a couple of small snack/recess breaks, than have this type of schedule. But I'm not a fan of the current school system either.:rolleyes::D

2. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

My girls are 4 (5 in July) and 9 and they are in bed at 9pm every night. School starts at 825am and my oldest is up at 7-715am for school. During the school year. On weekends (Friday and Saturday) they can stay up til 10. We have no set wake up time during summer, school breaks or weekends. My husband is a night owl and likes to sleep in on the weekends. I say if it works for your children have at it. My oldest plays many sports and I can only assume she will continue to play for a long while and if that is the case we will adjust bedtime to make sure she has time for food, school work and just to hang with the family.

3. Tamrantula

Tamrantula Approved members

I am in the "mean" camp! LOL
    I have 5 kids....with various medical/behavioral issues...good kids, but by bedtime I am ready for some ME time!

Mine are older, but still have a bedtime so I can have time to watch TV, relax, etc.

My two 14 yr olds, and my 17 year old go to bed at 9PM during the week. They get up at 5:30 in the mornings for school, and need their rest. They usually read till they fall asleep.

My 21 and 22 yr olds (who still live at home) also know at 9PM they go to their rooms--either reading or something quiet.

My kids have never been allowed to have any kind of electronics in their rooms...no computers, no TV, no phone...nothing....(Yep, I know..."mean" But I am ok with that. I just believe they have nothing in their rooms that will lead them to isolate themselves there--away from others in the house).
    Much to my chagrin, my hubby has let the older 2 have electronics over the past year or so...it has slipped in. I am just trying not to make a big issue over it as I know they should be moving before long. Not worth the fight at this point.

Weekends they are allowed to be up till 10--and then off to their rooms.