- advertisement -

Bedtime BG

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MadeleinesMom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. MadeleinesMom

MadeleinesMom Approved members

I was wondering what is the normal BG range you send you child to bed at? I was not letting my dd go to bed with any numbers under 135....then the past couple days I have experimented (yes I am tired) and let her go to be as low as 95. She woke up this morning at 117. When she hit 82 at 2:30, I gave her a couple sips of juice because I am such a worry wart....

Thank you!

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Sounds like that is working great for you, and that is really all that matters. Nice job. :cwds:

3. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Amandas is 150 for bedtime...

4. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

We were instructed at dx not to send her to bed until her BS was over 100 but now that we check her rountinely at night and have the CGM we will send her to bed as low as 85. I wouldn't do that though if I wasn't checking her at night or without the CGM.

5. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

We were told to have Kayla above 100 at bedtime. Now that it is summer tho and she is a teenager, her bedtime is WAY later than mine (think 2am or later now) I am checking her before I go to bed and then she is checking before she goes to bed and she still gets one more snack after I go to sleep. Works out for us right now altho her am numbers are high.

6. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

We aim for 100..with no IOB.

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Usually I have IOB and am dropping, so I aim over 120 right now. If I'm flat on the CGM, I'm happy at 100. It really depends how my night time trends are behaving.. right now I think my overnight basals are a little high, so I'm trying not to go to bed on the low side.

8. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth needs to be over 100 at bedtime. BUT, if I test him later after all his fastacting is gone and he's below 100 w/o a lot of activity that day. I do let it ride:cwds: If it's a sports day though, I would probably give him some milk if he was low but not high enough...

When I say bedtime, I really mean 3 hours after his last fastacting the time he goes to bed is irrelevant. I ALWAYS test 3 hours or more after his last fastacting.

9. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We were letting her go to bed at 120 and she would drop to 85-90 at night but Endo is not comfortable with her being 80-90 at night because meter can have variance of 20 points and that would put her low or on the edge ... so she cautioned us to have her higher than 100 at night ... which makes sense to me now that I think about the meter variance. :rolleyes:

Lisa