- advertisement -

Battery cover for the revel

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Kayla is at a sleepover and it is totally stripped, they couldn't get it off. Finally the mom did but they don't know if it will ever come off again. Is this supposed to happen? Are we supposed to replace this? Looked on the medtronic store but don't see this as a replaceable part? of course at 2am on jan 1 my mind isn't working the best.

2. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

You have to call customer service and tell them the problem. They can overnight a cap to you.

3. skimom

skimom Approved members

Animas suggests changing out the battery cap on the Ping system every 6 months - probably for this very reason. We ALWAYS have a spare battery cap and cartridge cap for our pumps because of the possibility that they can break etc. I would recommend calling the manufacturer and ordering two battery caps ( replacement and a spare )as well as cartridge caps - they will send out asap. I also would not trust your pump until a replacement cap is in place as the contact might be iffy- hopefully you haven't ruined the thread on the pump side with the forcing that has been done...

4. Kaylas mom

Thanks, it appears medtronic is closed at least until tomorrow. I haven't seen the pump since Kayla is at a friends house and will be home later today. I looked at medtronic's site tho and don't see a spare battery cap to even order? This was never mentioned at pump training either, does every one else do this and we are just clueless?

5. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

The 24 hr help line should still be open, even on the holiday.

6. Kaylas mom

I tried again, I must have hit a wrong button when I called the first time because I got a vm or something the first time telling me to leave a message or call back during reg office hours. They are sending a new one out to be here on Wed. They said if we can't get the cap off to call them on Wed and they will overnight a new pump out. The cap is really sharp but they said not to touch it right now since it working until the new cap gets here.

7. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

No. For whatever reason, Animas wants their users to replace the battery cap every so often. To my knowledge, MM doesn't make the same recommendation. We've been pumping almost 4 years and have never changed a battery cap.

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

MM's 24 hour help line is always open. Don't call the department that you order through, go through the 24 hour help line. The battery cap definitely needs to be replace, if something is wrong with it, not fitting correctly, including being stripped, it may not be water tight anymore so be very careful. Call the 24 hour help line and they'll get a new cap out to you free of charge, depending on who you get they may send you an extra so you always have an extra one. We have an extra from years ago, its purple, for her 522, which is now pink, lol.. but it'll also work on her 723, which is now silver, lol.. but at least we have it if there is ever a problem.