- advertisement -

Bags and cases?

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Chris&Amber, May 25, 2011.

1. Chris&Amber

Chris&Amber Approved members

Billy needs a new bag to carry his supplies in (we've just been using a smaller backpack)

He's pretty secretive about his diabetes unless he's with his close friends. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

Is there a bag out there that is kind of discreat but will hold all the supplies he needs?

2. Chris&Amber

Chris&Amber Approved members

By the way he will be using it primarily for school, lacrosse practice/games, and when he goes to the park.

3. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

We use a one touch meter case that is about 4 x 3 in size. In it fits the small delica lancet, strips bottle, very small meter (freestyle lite) a few individually wrapped alcohol swabs, a pack of skittles, an individually wrapped ketone strip, and a couple pen needles. The edge has an elastic band where his Owen Mumford Autopen goes. It all fits easily into his pants pocket. I removed the plastic part that holds the one touch meter (we dont use one touch meters but the case is a perfect size) from it but it still has two pockets and a zipper pouch.

4. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

Heres a couple pics

5. Deanster

Deanster New Member

We use the Maxpedition 'individual first aid' bag. Good size, not so huge, very visible contents, good external pocket for testing kit, and insulin pen, glucagon, glucose gel, etc inside. It has a nice grab handle, and the look is very discreet to the point where I put orange zipper pulls on it to make it easier to find.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Individual-First-Aid-Pouch-7p875.htm

You can often find it a few bucks cheaper on amazon or other web sellers.

6. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

Jeese, now 20, has been using a generic Nike string backpack to hold his supplies, since he was much younger... He fits everything in it... supplies, snacks etc....

7. buckmarko

buckmarko Approved members

We got a bag from LL Bean. I (my DH really) really wanted a bag for my DS that didn't look like a purse. I searched everywhere. Even Amazon didn't have anything I liked. A friend found one for his son at Target made by Swiss Gear that works well too. But this is the one we got and it does the trick for us.
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/53797?feat=506074-GN2

8. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

diabete ezy multi fit case

I got the multifit case from www.diabete-ezy.com and it's really roomy. Fits a lot of stuff in it. It's from australia so there is a bit on shipping (20 bucks) and takes about 2 weeks to come in but it's very roomy and just plain black or red so discreet.

9. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

My son is 11. We started with Kindle neoprene cases that we added grommets and carabiners to. Worked great for school last year. He wears sports-style clothes a lot, though, especially in summer so we bought a SPIbelt and a Tummietote (from Tallygear). The SPIbelt was less than impressive - the belt wouldn't stay adjusted to a small enough size and would end up falling down to his hips or falling off completely. He wears it as a cross-over belt - sort of like the ammo belts you see in movies that go over one shoulder and under the other arm. The Tummietote has been fabulous. Fits a little loose and sits between his waist and hips. Holds a PDM, a Dexcom receiver, a tube of glucose tabs, a pokey and a canister of test strips. He's skinny and with the typical baggy tshirts boys wear, you can't even tell it's on under his shirt.

10. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

I want to get a tummie tote as well I've heard great things about them! Figured they would be handy while biking or working out. I'd like a pump when I'm able to get one but don't think I'd be able to wear it at cheer practice.