- advertisement -

Bad news confirmed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tuff, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

I am very sad and praying for you and your son. Type 1 is tough enough without other issues to complicate matters even more. It all just STINKS! :(

I have to agree with one of the pp's that said do not try to handle all of this yourself. Reach out... call a dear friend, cry, do some 'angry' cleaning, go for a long walk, anything that will give you some kind of release. And lean lean lean on these people here. They are awesome people! I know... they've been here for me a time or two.

2. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I know people who've looked after themselves extremely well with complications. I know some who have NEVER looked after themselves with no compliations. I've looked after myself the majority of my life, screwed up a few times as a teen. I have some minor complications. I still live to the best I can, work full time, volunteer etc.

3. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

Thanks. Did any of your complications start this young? (started at age 10 now age 11)

4. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Not at age 10(wasn't dx'd), but some did show up in the same time span, just my good luck :rolleyes::)

5. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Just wanted to say sorry for your sons recent dx. But just a though have you gotten a second opinion from a different doctor in a different practices? It seems like the same Nephrologist gave you the information that he thought it was from Diabetes control. I'm not saying it might not be right but I think I would definately seek about another qualified opinon

6. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

This was from 2 different nephrology doctors. They both say there is nothing else it can be since there are no other symptoms and because the protein is alway present in every kind of test they have tried and often it is very high amounts. This has been since it was first discovered last September. They have ruled out all benign causes. Although this may explain why he has been exhausted for the last year and why he has unexplained tummy issues which are both symptoms of kidney problems which th Docs agreed with also. When you look on the Internet it doesn't seem as uncommon as my endo is making it out to be.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I know how you feel :cwds:
    Rachel is 9 and has now been on Lisinopril for nearly 2 years. After a year her urine microalbumin had reduced. This test it was creeping up again and we have had to increase the dose. I HATE it. She is healthy active lean and normal. Just all this other stuff keeps happening.. :(

8. Mom2henry

Mom2henry Approved members

My heart goes out to you and your family. You got good advice from the previous posters-just wanted to say I am sending you hugs and hoping you take care of yourself as well.
    NOT FAIR! Any of it!

9. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

:( So sorry that this is happening! I hope the medication will help to get rid of the protein.

10. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I'm so sorry. :(

11. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I am so sorry. I guess I was like you in that I thought if we kept her in good control we could avoid complications. I know that we got that message at dxs from the drs we were with at the time. Or should I say the nurses and CDE because we never actually met a dr at that office which is why we left 6 wks later. I don't know if I could have handled hearing that there might be nothing I could do. hugs to you.

12. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I'm really sorry for all you're going through.