- advertisement -

Bad Friday Nights...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, May 22, 2010.

1. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

My bad Friday night is still here.

My bad Friday night started with DD at 10 mmol/l (180mg/dl) in the late evening, and though there was no bolus on board she was 4.7mmol/l (87mg/dl) at bedtime (from her body sucking in glucose to recover from the school dance).

Due to the inhalation of 36 carbs, that quickly reverted to 12mmols/l (216mg/dl) by the new bedtime, and 15 mmol/l (260 mg/dl) by 7 am.

Though the correction worked and she came down nicely by breakfast, the rest of the day she has been on the high side- correction after correction. :cwds:

DD is taking it in stride, but it is taking its toll on DH, who hates highs, and takes them personally. He is off studying her numbers and making a new plan - for tomorrow is a new day!:cwds:

2. kajumom

kajumom Approved members

I feel your pain

Our night last night was she slept in her hideout with sister so Dexter was under her and no hearing it. Happened to check her after our long movie at 1:30am and she was 38!!!! after 3 Gatorades and 2 instant glucose gel and one hour got above 80. Whew. Uh, yeah she rebounded. back to 200ish by 9:30am. We didn't get to be until 3am!

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Nooo...those corrections are what got us in trouble the last couple of nights!!!!

4. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

OUR Friday night was bed at 11:45 pm at 143 AND a snack of about 30 carbs... at 3:40 am I hear Mooommm Mooommm...and I fly out of bed.... "get my checker" .... yep 52!!! Now how in the world did THAT happpen! After his snack he had to have been in the 200's and only a few hours later he dropped like that... hence the reason why just about every single night I do a 3 am check, and Friday/Saturday early a.m. I didnt do the 3 am that night...ugh. I'm so thankful he woke himself up...crud. :eek: SO juice box, pb crackers and he just had to have an orange glucose tab... he was back up. And then 8:15 am he was 83.

5. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Yep, having yet another one... As if three pod changes through out one day wasn't enough, we get a freakin' 362 around 11pm. :mad::(

6. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Oh yikes....and we have opposite.... 67 at bedtime tonight, I know I will not sleep tonight. After popcorn, pistachios, 2 pb crackers, I can only wonder what 3 am will bring?

7. wilf

wilf Approved members

DD is at a sleepover - was 313 at 11:45, and we corrected with 2 units. Now at 1:15 am is 80, with 1 unit on board..

8. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth spent a few hours in the 300's because of a stupid migraine. He's good now though...:cwds:

9. linda

linda Approved members

Baaaaad Friday Nite!!!

Due to steroids and thyroid biopsy-so messed up...Emmy came home from hanging with friends and was HI for 1/2 hour (2) corrections (around midnight) and 38 at 5 am:confused: Hate this roller coaster for her..have to start all over:cwds:

10. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Bad Friday night here last night. Jayden is at a sleepover. Went straight from school to sleepover, so I never saw her. She called...site failure...after Chuck E. Cheese pizza...many slices...Mom, I don't feel good. BG is 570.

The only thing good I can say is that we handled it - SHE handled it, and only needed a phone conversation with me. She used her anti-nausea cream so she wouldn't throw up, which was a good thing. We did our troubleshooting, she put Emla on for her site change, she used a syringe to draw insulin out of her reservoir and gave herself the injection, changed site in an hour, was down to 311, did a correction via the new pump site after that, and all was well.

The things that make a mother's hair go gray!!!

11. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Our bad Friday included a bad site and a high of 572. After we changed the site which was obviously kinked, we corrected but a couple hours later she was still in the low 500's. Gave a shot then, first in at least a year. She wasn't happy.

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Sorry.. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Hopefully things will get a bit less roller coastery for you soon. :(

It sounds like you both did great! Site failures are never fun, but it sounds like Jayden is very responsible and handled it well.. and kudos to you for letting her! :cwds:

My bad Friday night was a 205g carb "meal" of cookies and general junk food. :eek: Nightmare to bolus for, but I did okay. It's good to know that I can eat crap every once in a while, just like everyone else.. :cwds:

ETA: I didn't see your post, Laurie. Did everyone have set failures last night!? Mine must have missed the memo, because it's still going strong. Sorry you had one as well. I hope D behaves more for all of you today.

13. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Ours was 57 with 2.5 IOB. Rebound of 276.

14. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

I love this thread. It's Saturday now, but we too had a rough Friday night. Almost no spike following a high carb meal. Uh-oh, DROP THE BASAL - FAST.
    Too much IOB. Then adjusting basals down and up every hour or two all night long. We are so tired.

Chuck

15. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

every friday is a bad friday for us - we call it friday night lows. Ian bounced in a bouncy for a long time yesterday and was low all night and then is low all day today. He's been above 100 for about 10 min all day. CRAZY. I am having a hard time this is all residual bouncy lows.

16. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Lantus leakback. Grrrrrr . . . .

17. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

A lousy Saturday night for us:( A beautiful 70 at wake up. A lovely 114 at lunch, busy afternoon, tested at supper 401 blah, retest, 422 rats! Hmm so Steve, what do you think happened there? "Wellllllll, I did have a few cheez-its a little while ago";) "How many is a few?" "Ummmmmmm, maybe 10 or 20, not sure how many a handful is for me Mom" "Didnt think they'd have alot of carbs cause theyre made with cheese" Now I overcorrected and 66 before bedtime snack. ppptttttppp:rolleyes:

18. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it fits... dd has been lowish all night 70's and hit a wonderful 48 at bedtime...havent had a whole day on the low side before...turned basal down 50% and only bolused half for her snack, hope its the right thing to do..usually battling highs so frequent lows are out of my comfort zone so to speak, another long night ahead :(

19. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Since you resurrected it....Danielle was high at dinner tonight, did a strong correction...at bedtime she was in the 300's...:mad: Did an even stronger correction before she fell asleep.....Hello computer, goodbye sleep...:rolleyes:

20. Lee

Lee Approved members

Hey - since it is only fitting - Coco is 500, so we did a site change and rechecked an hour later...and, and, well, guess she forgot to correct after the freakin site change!