- advertisement -

Back from France!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by emm142, Aug 22, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I had a really great time. :) BGs were very out of whack. I have a photosensitivity (which basically presents as hives when I'm exposed to sunlight), which can be complicated in terms of insulin dosages and BG control (I get very high). I used a new UV-allergy cream, though, and it really helped. I didn't get the reaction on my arms at all, but I still got it on my legs, and my BGs still went thru the roof. Sometimes I had my basals running at 3u/h throughout the day, and then when I got out the sun and especially overnight it was like all the extra activity and insulin would catch up with me and I had tons of overnight lows. Travelling was a PITA as well - for some reason when I'm sitting still in a car for 24 hours I literally CANNOT get my BG below 200. :rolleyes: I was very grateful to be using the CGM whilst travelling.

I also had a really weird pump breakage thing. I was setting an alarm on there when suddenly it started scrolling up continuously (as if I was holding down the up arrow, which I wasn't doing). It eventually stopped, and I could exit onto the main screen. Later, when I bolused for dinner, it started scrolling up and up through the carbs, and I couldn't exit the screen. It eventually stopped and I went back to the home screen, but about 2-5 minutes later it went to the "easy-bolus" screen (accessed by pressing the up button). I changed the batteries in the pump, and it's been acting fine since, but it freaked me out!

We didn't do very much in France - ate yummy food and sat by the pool for the most part. It was really nice to have a break. I have some pictures but I have to go out right now, so I'll add them to this thread later. :cwds:

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Sounds like you had a good time! I've never been to Europe, though I really want to go eventually. :) Too bad about the bg's, thats always a bummer on vacations.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm glad I live in Europe. It's pretty cool that we can drive to France in a day. :cwds: And it only takes a couple hours to fly.

4. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

I want to go to France SO BAD!
    I wish I could drive there haha :p

5. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

Lol im glad you had fun:)