- advertisement -

Attention Pennsylvania Parents

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by NicksMother, Jun 5, 2011.

1. NicksMother

NicksMother Approved members

The time has come for the PA Safe at School Bill to come up for committee vote.:cwds:

I received an email from the ADA that says that House Bill 1338 will be voted on by the Human Services Committee on Tuesday June 7. You can use this link to contact the committee members about the pending bills: https://donations.diabetes.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2188

My DS graduated last week but I feel this legislation is very important for the children of Pennsylvania.

2. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Thank you Lisa for posting this here. It is so very important!

3. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Thanks for this! We have 2 great nurses...but you never know, we may one day move to a district without one.

I sent my email!:)

4. NicksMother

NicksMother Approved members

Thank you for everyone that is supporting this effort. I checked online and from what I read, the bill passed the committee. The vote was pretty much split down party lines with the Majority Party (Republicans) voting in favor and the Minority Party (Democrates) voting against.

I guess the next step will be to get a floor vote. Please contact your representatives and ask for their support.