- advertisement -

AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Ellen, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

While this is difficult, it's vital to share with anyone who may text while driving or contemplate texting while driving.
    Don't communicate with anyone who is driving and texting. And of course don't allow anyone who is driving you to text while driving . Just say NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs&feature=player_embedded

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

Wow. Thanks Ellen. With three texting young people I will be making certain they see this video.

Very powerful.

3. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Phones are illegal here while driving, texting or talking(unless hands free), wish they would catch more people using them and fine them HEAVILY for it! My cell phone stays off and no voice mai, it's for emergencies only since there's no pay phones around anymorel, my real phone is home, it's a land line :) People can leave me a message if they want to talk to me

4. lynn

lynn Approved members

Here in Michigan a law was passed recently outlawing texting while driving. The problem is that I see people doing it all the time! Nobody is changing their behavior.

5. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Thank you.

Ryan just got his license. He knows not to text and drive but he will watch this before he gets in the car again.

6. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Same problem here, I write down lic plates of those I see doing it and report it when I get home.(phone or texting, you're not allowed to do it unless pulled over OFF the road and stopped, stop signs and red lights don't count as pulled over)

7. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Best advice ever:

Put your phone and/or purse in the trunk!!!!!

8. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110103005071/en/‘New-Resolution’-Don’t-Text-Drive

January 03, 2011 09:00 AM Eastern Time
    ?New Resolution:? Don?t Text and Drive

PhoneGuard Disables Texting in Moving Car; Makes Vows Come True

BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Instead of New Year?s Resolutions, 2011 is the year of the ?New Resolution? that benefits you and saves lives around you. This year?s New Resolution? Don?t text and drive.

Newly launched PhoneGuard can help you be among the 75 percent of people who can keep their New Resolution beyond the first week of the year. The proprietary anti-texting software for cell phones deactivates the keyboard and eliminates the ability to text or email while driving ? or when parents deem appropriate.

Differentiators of PhoneGuard's Drive Safe Software:

Disables texting, emailing and other distractions while driving a vehicle. If the phone is moving more than 10 mph, the application automatically disables texting, emailing, surfing the web and instant messaging.
    Knows when a driver is moving at an unsafe speed. By setting the software?s SpeedAlert?, the administrator of the phone (parent, employer) is notified when the phone has gone over a certain speed limit by receiving a text message with the speed and location on a map. Exclusive solution to PhoneGuard.
    Puts the phone in Phone TimeOut?. The software?s ?time-out? feature can be used by parents to control the hours when kids can text, email or surf the web, such as school or work hours.
    Keeping your Don?t-Text-and-Drive vow could be critical. While all distractions can endanger drivers? safety, texting is the most alarming, according to the Department of Transportation. In 2009, nearly 5,000 fatal auto crashes involved driver distractions such as texting and cell phones, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported.

Texting while driving increases the risk of accidents by 23.2 times, according to Virginia Tech Driver Institute. PhoneGuard is available for Blackberry? and Android? users and retails for $29.99 for a single user and $69.99 for a family three-pack.

About PhoneGuard

PhoneGuard is a new software suite specifically designed to safeguard cellular phone/PDA or smartphone users from the ability to text and drive. Powered by NetQin, PhoneGuard is the new wave of protection technology in North America designed to make the roads safer. PhoneGuard is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. For more information on PhoneGuard please visit www.phoneguard.com.

About Options Media Group Holdings, Inc.

Options Media Group Holdings, Inc. (otc.bb:OPMG) is a growing force in mobile marketing and mobile social media. The Company provides precision direct marketing solutions including email marketing, sms/mobile marketing, sms/keyword marketing, custom lead generation and creative services. The acquisition of PhoneGuard and its DriveSafe Software(TM) safe driving mobile application in April 2010, marks Options Media Groups entrance into the North American mobile and smart phone applications market for anti-virus, anti-harassment and anti-texting while driving software. Options Media Group is based in Boca Raton, Florida and at www.optionsmedia.com and www.phoneguard.com.

Contacts
    For PhoneGuard
    Tilson Communications
    Britt Monroe, 561-998-1995
    bmonroe@tilsonpr.com

9. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

That would be very hard to get to if you got in an accident and had to call 911.

10. angiej

angiej Approved members

In the UK if the engine is running, you are only allowed to use your phone hands free. If caught using your phone (texting or talking) you get a financial fine and 3 points on your license. 12 points within 3 years and you are disqualified from driving for 6 months.

11. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Thanks for sharing this. Personally I don't even think it is safe to use the hands free devices either. The thing is you not only have to keep your eyes on the road but your mind has to be on your driving as well. I never text or use the phone while driving. If I need to I pull into the nearest parking space area and turn off the car and make the phone call or text then.