- advertisement -

Article without misinformation

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by emm142, Mar 20, 2010.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

We hear so much about articles packed with misinformation about D, I thought I would post a decent one. The information in it is relatively simplistic but I wouldn't expect it to go into massive detail and I'm sure it would be good for a new dx. Shame the comments start going into weight and diabetes, really, but I wouldn't expect anything more. ;)

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/02.../02/25/top-10-tips-for-dealing-with-diabetes/

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

It was a nice article..thanks for sharing! :)

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Great thread, it is a good reminder to discuss the positive things sometimes too.

4. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

It was a great article, but they never specifically said Type 1 diabetes, just insulin dependent diabetes and children. That might have led to the confusion in the comments. I think most of the problem we see with "misinformation" is really just not clearly defining which type of diabetes an article is talking about (or separating the two).

5. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Good article, the only thing I don't agree with is that chocolate isn't great for lows...Too slow. But, it would works for just not being high enough. The problem is knowing whether your dropping farther or you just need a little pick me up:)

6. mcleodja

mcleodja Approved members

actually the chocolate bar ( Crunchie) that is mentioned is actually quite good for lows, it is not pure chocolate but has a honeycombed sugar center, essentially pure sugar in the middle, a favorite of mine when I grew up in the UK and my kids like them also