- advertisement -

Are they allowd to tell me this?

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by Mody_Jess_Pony, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Okay our school has never been a problem ever...Because we are very very small! About a population of 200 or so kids. So missing school, leaving class, testing in class, shooting up where I please has NOT been a problem. Neither has eatting food ever been a problem. Next year (did I mention the vice principal is a totall jerk!) we are not allowd to eat outside of cafeteria! I asked the vice Princapal if this was going to be a problem and because he is a jerk they told me I would not be allowd to continue with the eatting of FOOD out side of teh caf because they are cracking down. I am going into my final year next year but my question is are they allowd to do this? I live in canada by the way :) Are they allowd to tell me I cannot eat at all even if I need to? I really don't like the fact it's even a issue about where I'm allowd to eat.
    Thanks,
    Jess

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

i'm pretty sure that they are not allowed to do that. does your principal know that you have diabetes? if someone said that to me and i had to eat b/c i was low or something i would eat anyway and risk getting in trouble...nut that is just me

3. volund

volund Approved members

From what I looked at, each Canadian provence has its own rules and regulations in regards to the care of students with diabetes.

You could try contacting your school board also, and, if they don't do anything, eat anyways.

4. mlbertness

mlbertness Approved members

NO they are not allowed to tell you that, I live in BC so things may be different but i think you contact your local health nurse and they will come in and do up a plan for you that the school HAS to follow.

5. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

The principal has glucose problems to but the whole food thing is suposidly being handle by the vice principal...It's not drinking liquids in class (the vice argued that I didn't need to have anything else to treat) He gave me this big rant about "WHAT he thought diabetes was about." I stood their and told him "You'll be hearing from me in september"
    I'm going to just go straightt to the principal.
    I mean I have hypodermics and I stand in the middle of the hall draw and shoot...They see me do this and don't comment why with the psyco food ban.
    I will be contacting the school board I just wasn't sure what they where ALLOWD to say or do.
    Another problem is I don't like eatting in high stress enviroments so I do need to get a hold of a local nurse and get a plan written up still I wish I could burn him for just saying no in that one moment!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  6. skimom

skimom Approved members

Just get your parents to make a call accompanied by a letter from your doctor indicating that you need to be able to eat and drink when and as necessary. If they decline, they are putting you at risk and since they must ensure your safety while you are at school, they have no choice but to allow it. Be cooperative and agree to deal with trash, spillage etc (that is probably his issue -that there have been some slobby teenagers).If they give you grief, have your doctor call the principal (incidentally deal with the principal as they ultimately make decisions anyways). I can guarantee that they would rather not deal with the fallout if you are refused food/drink and then have a problem. - and remember you gather more bees with honey than with vinegar so be sweet but firm.

7. Felburg

Felburg Approved members