advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these the right tough pads?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by suej, Dec 3, 2015.

1. suej

suej Approved members

71f3OwEALEL._SX425_[1].jpg

I bought these Tough Pads from ebay to try to prevent Ben's allergic reaction to the Dexcom tape. They are the same size as the one Megc uses, but do not have a peel away cover on the top, as in her video. Just don't want to try the wrong thing.
    Thank you

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

that is what we use.

3. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

This is the same tough pad that we use as well. Same brand, same box.

4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Yes, those are the right ones!

Not sure about the backing. I have never had ones without it but maybe they are just made in a different place.

5. suej

suej Approved members

Thank you, and cheetah-cub and sszyszkiewcz do yours also have a covering on the back that peels off? 61GPD5XBvOL._SX522_.jpg I ordered the product in my first post but a slightly different packaging arrived but has all the same wording on it - see pic. Am reluctant to use unless it is what works for others.
    Many thanks
    Sue

6. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

they look like the right ones to me. I just opened a new box today and they actually don't have the backing. So it sounds like that is the new design. The video you have is pretty old (it is my method from over a year ago) so it was probably just a different packaging.

7. suej

suej Approved members

Thanks Meg so much. Am going to ahead with them with next sensor and cross my fingers and toes.
    Kind regards
    Sue

8. suej

suej Approved members

Hi
    Please may I ask the users of the Tough Pads - is the new version without the peel away back giving you the same good results as before?

We had reasonable success in December (tho' lost a couple sensors day 5-6 due to swimming a lot and water getting under tough pad despite my best attempts with hypafix). Have had a 12 day sensor:smile: but now things fallen apart - have sited 3 sensors in 2 days that have gone ??? on startup. All from the same batch. Not sure if a bad batch or could it be the tough pad. Feeling a bit desperate.

Thank you